Won't stop crashing

CRASHING

I've just installed mame on my cpu,..i know i have enough resources,ram and hard drive,etc but it's crashing left right and center,...I can play for about 5 or 10 minuites but then "crash" and I have to physically restart,...can't do anything else. Do anyone have experiance with this??? If so,...please reply,..it's driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!! It seems to work fine on my bud's cpu,...for some reason not mine

HybridShadow

You could have a virus (not the best support is it)
Check your Task Manager for any unknown processes running(end ones you know are crap)
Also what are you sys. specs.'s,,, Yes i understand you have the required specs but it may help

ALSO, check for any updates for the emu, tell me what game is running, and maybe even update windows

CRASHING

Definetly do not have a virus,....reformatted everything just yesterday,...as far as hardware,..180 gig harddrive,784 meg ddr ram,i'm running xp pro...also using a tv out card to my rear projection. I'm using a wireless logitech access trio key/mouse. and my controllers of preference are the logitech cordless wingman,..i've replaced wireless products with hardwired thinking that they were clashing but it still crashes,..if it's of any relation,....i also used to be able to burn dvds,..i've done many and now i does the same "crashing" as does the roms!!!,......i'm using mame Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator for Win32 file version 0.88.0.0

Last edited:

CRASHING

yup,...all of them and i've got many!!!,.,..i 've tried playing games at random,...stuff that wasn't crashing on friends cpu is crashing on mine,...it's just really frustrating because his works and mine doesn't,..when you said "other emulators,..do you mean stuff other than mame???,..pardon my ignorance

Jale

You should do a clean reinstallation of Windows XP. I do so when something is that bad :)

CRASHING

Yeah,...i tried to play on just my monitor,or just the tv and even both,...still craps out. I dont' play the roms through DOS,..i have a windows interface where I have a list of games that I can pick from, double click it then the game begins

CRASHING

Any possiblity my cpu temps may be too high thus causing system to crash???
Because my cpu only freezes when I'm burning or playing roms

Jale

Format C: and install Windows again. I recommend you Windows 98 SE or Windows XPsp1. Don't even think about Millennium Edition. It's bullshit :fuckyou:

You'll get more crashes than you have now.

J

Jet Set Willy

No, jesus, fuck off JAPPsmash. It's fair enough that you insist on replying to every thread despite having no actual knowledge, but randomly telling people to format their hard drive to fix a problem is harmful.

J

Jet Set Willy

Yes, but also somebody who actually has a clue about things, a decent amount of intelligence, and isn't a jumped up little kid obsessed with other people's avatars. So fuck right off.

Jale

Wanna try Windows ME, jsw? :p

BTW, that's the easiest solution...

Last edited: