Emulator Problem: PoverPC no longer supported on MacOSX...

deavisdude

All of the emulators I have tried from your site (for mac of course) are PowerPC applications. These are no longer supported with Macs. Also Silhouette is "Classic environment" which is also unsupported. Is there a way to emulate consoles on a Mac anymore?

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Despite some of the emulators of the site not being updated on our part, it also seems that some of them were not being developed any more (as far as 2006, 2007 in some cases). I took steps in removing any emulators whose site was no longer available ( = dead) and updated any that had newer versions.

Those of you that have still have PPC macs may need to be a bit careful as most newer emulators are Intel only.

TL/DR: If the emulator has not been updated by the developer for a while (years) it may be PPC only.

DemolitionMan

Can someone help me out? I have a Macbook Pro and I downloaded Nestopia 1.41 and it works great but I can't get a gamepad to work with it. There's an Emulator Enhancer but it's $30 and the trial doesn't even work on my Mac. There is no Input section in options and I tried the RockNES and Ines emulators that are suppose to be compatible with Macs but those don't even work at all. Does anyone have an suggestion on how I can get a gamepad working for Nestopia or a different emulator that has gamepad capabilities that do work for Macs?

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
There are software that translate gamepad commands to keyboard just for such situations (xpadder is a good example) but all the ones I know are for Windows.

DemolitionMan

Okay, so I downloaded USB Overdrive. I didn't buy it as I wanted to see if it works first. I created new settings and set the application for Nestopia. All the buttons register with USB Overdrive but when I try to play a game the controller still doesn't work. Anybody know what I can do to get it to work?

EDIT: I somewhat got it but only the start button works.

EDIT: Alright so I got the start button to work to start the game but after that it doesn't work and I got the up,down,right,left arrows to work on the gamepad in the menu of the game but not A & B and start and select in the menus of said game. I'm using a NES controller and the game is Tecmo Super Bowl. I feel I've done all I can to try to get it to work. If anybody knows anything I'm missing about USB Overdrive would be much appreciated.

Last edited: