kof2k3..some1 pleez help!

eon

i download a kof2k3 rom but i cant/dont know find an emul. to run it

some1 pleez tell where i can find 1

i will greatly appriciate it!

eon

JAPPsmash said:
Mmm... sounds like a MAME rom... Gave you an idea? :)
actually i do not know, but within the zip here r d files: (39kb)

271 v4d.rom
271-m1d.rom
p1.bin
p2.bin
c1d.rom
c2d.rom
c3d.rom
c4d.rom
c5d.rom
271-c6d.rom
im a really a dump person when it comes to these matter so pleeeeez some1 help me!

cooleet8

i think u should look for another rom, i have a kof2003.zip with the contents:

271-v1.rom to 271-v4.rom
271-c1.rom to 271-c8.rom
271-m1.rom
271-p1.rom

its size is 39mb... try searching in google for "kof2003.zip"
then run it in the neoragex hacked version. :D

montpics

You can do one of two things. :cool:

1. Compile your own MAME which is pretty hard to you trying understand.
2. Find other hacked emulators which can play KOF2003. There is another possibility that you need to download kof2003 from the other site.

eon

montpics said:
You can do one of two things. :cool:

1. Compile your own MAME which is pretty hard to you trying understand.
2. Find other hacked emulators which can play KOF2003. There is another possibility that you need to download kof2003 from the other site.
i had download several emulator for my kof2003, but none of them r working these r :

mame32 plus (ERROR unicow.dll)
neoragex hacked ver. (cant detect my kof2003.zip)
kawaks 1.48b ( ERROR in direct draw)

i doooooooo not really know what to do to make these things work..

some1 pleez help me. i will really appreciate it ( pleez pleez pleez pleez pleez pleez pleeeeeeeeez...........)
a good reliable links for me where to download will do pleez mail me at
eonn13@yahoo.com

:( -thanx-

Robert

Kawaks 148dev should work...I got the DirectDraw error, make sure you install it in
a new folder, make sure you install ALL the files that came with it, then it works.

I still have to get kof2003 to be recognised, but that's for later.

cooleet8

you can rename your .bin files to .rom files for it to be recognized by neoragex, i had the same problem as yours but eventually i fixed it :)

eon

got any better ideas?

cooleet8 said:
you can rename your .bin files to .rom files for it to be recognized by neoragex, i had the same problem as yours but eventually i fixed it :)

i had already done that, (271_c1.bin to kof2003_c1.rom etc....)
but the neorage response is: invalid romset no matching gfx-files found

got any better ideas? coz i got none! but i do really thank you all guys for your response in helpin me :)

cooleet8

if thats the case you better download a new kof2003.zip searching in google, thats where i found mine. if it shows in other languages try translating it. :laugh:

eon

it works but....

cooleet8 said:
if thats the case you better download a new kof2003.zip searching in google, thats where i found mine. if it shows in other languages try translating it. :laugh:

the rom i download works in mame32plus but it is too sloooow, then when i tried it to run in neorage, i renamed the files from 271-1p.bin to kof2003_1p.rom etc..... but it did not work.... did i renamed it correctly?

cooleet8

maybe its to slow because of your hardware. mame needs processing power, and one thing is when renaming roms, you should uncheck the "hide file extensions for known file type" in the folder options. try renaming the .bin file to .rom file without changing 271-1p to kof2003_1p, then try running it on neoragex =D

montpics

That's probably one of the earliest kof2k3 rom being released in which it was not playable in NeoRageX at all, due the p1 file.

If you still want to try whatsoever under NeoRageX in which I still not sure whether that rom is the latest or the earliest, try to rename it the same name as the name of the zip file. Like kof2k3, rename all of into kof2k3_**.rom. And one more thing, in kof2k3 zip must have :

kof2k3_p1.rom
kof2k3_p2.rom
kof2k3_m1.rom
kof2k3_s1.rom
kof2k3_v1.rom
kof2k3_v2.rom
kof2k3_v3.rom
kof2k3_v4.rom
kof2k3_c1.rom
kof2k3_c2.rom
kof2k3_c3.rom
kof2k3_c4.rom
kof2k3_c5.rom
kof2k3_c6.rom
kof2k3_c7.rom
kof2k3_c8.rom

Check you files from the zip..... :cool:

ugodzero

I've got this game playing perfectly with no problems what so ever. You've got to find and run a tool which will convert those annoying ROM files into BIN files then you need to find the s1 fix tool and run that on your s1 BIN files. XD

271-p1bl.bin
271-p2bl.bin
271-s1bl.bin
271-m1d.bin
271-v1d.bin
271-c1d.bin
271-c2d.bin
271-c3d.bin
271-c4d.bin
271-c5d.bin
271-c6d.bin

This game (and lots of others) plays perfectly on Neo Mame 32k by the way.

Last edited:

Robert

I mentioned earlier about winkawaks 1.48dev.
Now I've set it up, kof2003 worked immediately, and at full speed on my 333mhz pc.

In fact, I find KAWAKS to be an excellent emulator.