USB joystick adapter for Atari compatible joystick

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
na you needs the Bliss-Box man. Just get a single with a db9 connect tore. Is supports the joystick, key pad, and paddles/ball.

Last edited:

testmachine

Old member
na you needs the Bliss-Box man. Just get a single with a db9 connect tore. Is supports the joystick, key pad, and paddles/ball. Its about $35 shipped to you so its not that bad.

I agree with UlaoUlao.He designed the Blissbox and i can only tell you that the features are amazing.Just check out the blissbox webpage in his signature.

Gimpy

na you needs the Bliss-Box man. Just get a single with a db9 connect tore. Is supports the joystick, key pad, and paddles/ball. Its about $35 shipped to you so its not that bad.

Nice! Looks pretty complete to me.
Actually I only need Atari compatibility because I only have these Joysticks in my possession.
It would be a 1 port unit at 35$ then.
The other one I found is 30$ including shipping.

Unfortunately for you pal, I already bought it before your reply. :(
I compared the schematics and they look pretty much the same. I think you based your design on the same blue prints; (Igor Cesko's) and V-USB.
Anyway, It worked perfectly so I imagine yours would be the same.

Cheers and keep up your good work!
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gimpy

Interesting... What is the big difference between V-USB and Igor's design? I can see that reprogramming the chip is easier because of the boot code. Is there other things?

Is your adapter can support multiple type of joysticks at the same time?

For sure, yours looks a lot more complete.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Well v-usb was developed by the inspiration of Igor's code. v-usb has a Well regarded and complete USB 1.1 software stack. it works with many avr models ( low speed ) and has tuns of commercial and non-commercial designs. Also most examples Uses C language code mixed with assembly for time-critical sections. So learning this thing is cake walk.

as for my code, you will not find a more complete compatibility list. Why? because that is the entire idea behind the project. I add controllers on a monthly and sometimes weekly basis. My design does not do multi controller at this time.

Gimpy

Oh ok I see. So you have to reprogram the adapter to the type of controller you want to use.
Can it use more than one controller of the same type on the same box?

Nitz76

Hi there!

Interesting thread.

I just went to look at your products ulaoulao, It's very nice!

Is the "icy" look on your boxes is genuine or you're dooing it by yourself?

I also took a look at your code and schematic. As I can see, you adapted Raphael Assenat's design to you needs. Clever!

For my part, I adapted Igor Cesko's design in assembler. It's a more basic approach and also less reconfigurable. I may review my code later on.

You can checkout my product at http://www.retronicdesign.com/

Cheers and keep up your good work!

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Currently I build these by hand. I'm working with a fabricator but these things take forever. Yeah Raphael and I do a lot of work together I'm the one that figure out how to make HID force feedback work. Its outside the scope of retro but one heck of a hurtle. We together now have the highest compatibility GC/n64 adapter out there. Adaptoid still has us on mempack but we are nearly finished with that and still driver-less.

Your work sure does look like a Cesko design ;P Have you considered adding more db9 controller ( i.e 3d0 )? Sorry about the sloppy source ( 1.0 ) when 2.0 is complete it will all be dressed up. Congrats on you progress.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
That has been around for a bit, most people like to use there old controllers and get one adapter to support all the controllers they want/have. There is a usb controller like that for most of the old gens.

Last edited: