Problem with site: Question about random question

chinabig

I answer an random question just before(about 20min, I think). Because, I didn't want to sign in yet and search something first.

The question I get is: "What is the country where New York City is located?"
I answered: "United States"
Wrong!! :huh:
I started to think is there some misunderstanding between that question and my knowledge.

And, even after reload, I get the same question.(how unlucky :dry:)
I'm thinking, "Heh heh :rolleyes:, you can't get away this time. there won't be any wrong this time.". I went and checked wikipedia about this to recheck my knowledge. I read several lines and...
This time, I answered: "United States of America"
Wrong again! :eek:hmy:
"What is it? Is the New York City it is asking something?"

My question for this post is:
Is the random questions' answer taken with even case sensitive or something? What will you do if the same question always come back again?

If it's ok, I want to know that correct answer.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Well, It's actually this:
2wd7iig.png

I'll have to add "United States of America" to the list just in case :)

chinabig

Oh, so it really is Case Sensitive style. I was really shocked back there. :D
I also am sorry about not trying those answers because the next question become "what is 3+6?(or something)" (easy :p).

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Not case sensitive, you just need to add all possible options when adding a new question. For example, Amerika is there because many people type it wrong with a K instead of a C.

That is mostly a human recognition system to prevent those stupid spam bots.

chinabig

Another question.

Why is that "Random Question" arranged to that very bottom under the "Additional Options"?

Shouldn't "Additional Options" be unimportant options?

I suggest to put it somewhere the users can easily see. Or put something like " * " and said "required field". or such.:)
The very 1st time when I come this site, I missed that question make me click "search" for more than 3 times.:(

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I have no real idea why they put it there........ it's mostly meant to be used when registering.