Is there a way to configure your mouse as a controller with the Model 2 emulator?

strader327

Hello, as the title says, does anyone know if you can configure your mouse and keyboard to use as game controllers while using the Model2 emulator? If so how do you go about that in the configuration section of the emulator? I've seen a couple of people on youtube do this so I assume it's possible I'm just wondering how you get it set up? Thanks!

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I think xpadder allows that. I also think its nor free any longer.

strader327

I think xpadder allows that. I also think its nor free any longer.

Hey, thank you Ulaoulao for your response. I was able to get that xpadder program you were talking about. The other question I have now is, how do I get that program to work with the Model 2 emulator?

Also for anyone else reading this, is there a way to calibrate my mouse and keyboard for the Mame emulator so I can play Pole Position 2 on it? Thanks again everyone!

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I dont know anything about model 2. Though does model 2 interface with a leyboard or joystick? If so Xpadder should work.

As for mame, sorry mame reads raw devices, so no tools like Xpadder will work. You need mame to see an actual device.

strader327

Yes the Model 2 does read joysticks and keyboards. So from that how do I get the xpadder to communicate with the Model 2? Thanks again.