Recent Movies You've Seen?

Codeine

I saw Jackie Brown, and You Can Count On Me today, both brilliant.

Jackie Brown: I liked this a lot, not as good as Pulp Fiction, or Reservoir Dogs, but, I think thats because the characters weren't as unique as Tarantinos (besides Jacki Brown, she was in a class of her own as far as I'm concerned). The different perspectives at the store where Jackie trys on that hella-ill suit was the best scene; I was actualy waiting for Tarantinos trademark to appear. I don't think they say "nigger" too much in it either, the people that said that should listen to N.W.A or something.

You Can Count On Me: A very unique take on siblings I thought, I thought early on she was going to learn to "accept" her brother for his behaviour, or that he was going to change his ways, but for once, a writer took a cue reality and created a beautiful film about real life. The whole story seemed very real, and possible to me, which was why it was so good. The Culkin kid did a fine job too.

J

Jet Set Willy

Jackie Brown grows on you.

I'm watching Blues Brothers again. I'm watching it as I download, so only about 10 minutes at a time.

El Fugitivo

I watched The Corruptor last night. It's got Mark Wahlberg and Chow Yun-Fat, basically a rip off of John Woo's Hong Kong films with Chow Yun-Fat, but without the beautifully choreographed gunplay. Still not bad, better than average.

hitmonlee

phonebooth

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS MOVIE

even though its only 81 minutes
i think it would have worked really well as a short film - but as a feature - too much was lacking