FFIX problems on Mac and PC

Rockin69

I've been trying to run FFIX through PCSX-R on my 2012 Macbook Pro 13''. The game runs fine, fps is amazing and everything works...except graphics. Characters are pixelated and the overall graphics are not as good as the original game.

Is there a way to fix this? Or is this a limitation of PCSX and Mac?

For the sake of comparison, I ran FFIX on my I5 PC with 6GB of RAM and GeForce 540M through ePSXe. I first tried with the latest Pete's OpenGL but I was getting the whole Texture missing message (which is weird because my video card is not that old). So I switched it to D3D plugin. The game runs fine and the graphics are great but during "battle start" animation lags a lot...it takes 1 minute to start the battle. Also weird because all the cutscenes are playing just fine.

I would rather play it on my Macbook though so if there is any way to fix the graphics please let me know.

Last edited:

RavenX13

well ive played it on my pc (windows not mac) and the battle swirl animation did something simular.. but on epsxe they have a special fixes menu in the lower left corner of the video settings plugin and there is an option for the ff battle swirl animations fix... i used it and fixed it right up...