A Little Suggestion...

VintageTorrie

Megadeth Fan
I think we should have a board where non-users can post, because we have an awful lot of members that join just to ask one question. I understand that it would be hard to moderate, but maybe we could have a little trial run and see what happens?

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
While it may sound like a good idea the result is usually mostly spam bots. The disadvantages outweigh the advantages.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
I agree with Lefteris, It would be troublesome to moderate the posts that are spam, that would mean I would need to manually ban an IP for every spammer out there, and spammers are drawn to this forum like moth to flame.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
it's quite disappointing to see one-time posters all the time
The question you need to ask is what is disappointing?

One I suppose is that, well they only post once. Well that thing called free will gets in the way there. Sure we would like them back but I;d rather they do it willingly.

Another would be the fact of repetitiveness. You know those where is my xbox emulator posts. Well I personally call that spam, so good riddens.

I guess a third would be, the way of thinking its cutter, but after all, regardless of the fact they made one post, they still contribute to the forums. So its not all that bad.

So what is the reason you bring it up?

Last edited:

testmachine

Old member
While it may sound like a good idea the result is usually mostly spam bots. The disadvantages outweigh the advantages.
Yeah and that would fill your site with unnecesary posts.Besides the registration is simple.If they don't have 2 minutes to registrate then they won't be getting any help.
:D

VintageTorrie

Megadeth Fan
Ok, you've all made fair points, it's just frustrating to see the same kind of posts all the time, because a person can't use the search function.