Multi emulator box

c0ncert_wh0re

So I am not THAT new to the emulator game, however I'd like to take it to the next level. I would like to make a single box that runs many different emulators. I've looked around and MAMEWAH seems to be the people's choice. Is this true, or is there something better?

Also, for every emulator, I'd like to use the game specific controller. So I found this web site>> http://www.retrousb.com/index.php?cPath=21
So I would use the adapters to plug in the usb inside the box, and have the adapters on the outside ready to have the retro controllers plugged into.
Does this all seem feasible so far?

With all this is mind it seems like the best option would be to build a computer just for this. If this is true, what kind of OS should be put on it. I've found many answers but most seem to say WinXP. I've also seen people setting up similar configs using an Xbox, but that couldn't support different kinds of controllers, could it?

I guess the last question I have is about MAMEWAH and that I just wanted to make sure that you can make the box boot up and not see any of the Windows interface, but ONLY MAMEWAH.

Thanks a ton!

Mike

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
BLAHAHAHAA, dont do it man you will be sorry.

Here is what you want You can even order custom fit panels for emu boxes or drive bay enclosures.

My rig is Quickplay for the front end and my os is now running win7, no issues. Though I also use it for movies and music so I like the os on there. Most people go with Hyperspin for dedicated boxes.

Last edited:

c0ncert_wh0re

Oooo i like that idea a lot, i may contact them about making tge whole box for me :)

And the all in one multi media box doesnt sound like a bad idea. I like how hyperspin looks and works, how is quick play? Also if you wouldnt mind, what are the spec of your beast? Lol thanks!

c0ncert_wh0re

I dont know ANYTHING about overclocking and most of that infp is foreign to me lol
i know a little about computers and how to build them, but not to their potential, i was just wondering what your basic specs were like ram, motherboard, processor, etc