SuprNova.org Closed?

Danny

www.Suprnova.org said:
Greetings everybody,

As you have probably noticed, we have often had downtimes. This was because it was so hard to keep this site up!
But now we are sorry to inform you all, that SuprNova is closing down for good in the way that we all know it.
We do not know if SuprNova is going to return, but it is certainly not going to be hosting any more torrent links.
We are very sorry for this, but there was no other way, we have tried everything.

Thank you all that helped us, by donating mirrors or something else, by uploading and seeding files, by helping people out on IRC and on forum, by spreading the word about SuprNova.org.
It is a sad day for all of us!

Please visit SuprNova.org every once in a while to get the latest news on what is happening and if there is anything new to report on.

As we wish to maintain the nice comunity that we created, we are keppig forums and irc servers open.

Thank you all and Goodbye!
sloncek & the rest of the SuprNova Team

Is this for real?

onewecallgod

i saw this coming. a while back, the RIAA/MPAA bastards said that they were going to start tracking down users of bit torrent.

glad to see you back Danny

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I think they got to them after hunting down some Finish BT sites. I hear Germany and France are next.

Since the site is dead I guess it is ok to keep the thread.

J

Jet Set Willy

I found out about this earlier and became sad. It was the best place to go for old TV shows and the like.

Badger

Suprnova was used alot by me.

Torrentreactor.net is ok I suppose, but suprnova was probably the single most important thing to me on the web. I am sad now. As sad as I was when Napster died.

Splize

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Supernova inhanced my gaming and movie watching by 98% :( :(

It is a truly a sad day for the internet :msn_ball:

GHDpro

Administrator
Staff member
Well I can symphatize (sp?). To find proper hosting for a site like SuprNova.org, which
was notorious for it's illegal content, must have been damn hard. The few server providers
that might have been willing to do so might have charged a fortune for it, making the finance
part of the site another nightmare to handle.

AnimeSuki might have gone the same way too if I hadn't found someone to take care of both.
(Er, not that the legality of the content was a concern, but the DoS attacks were...)

In the meanwhile, there maybe a nice alternative I've found: www.newzbin.com in
conjunction with an account on www.easynews.com or www.giganews.com
(the latter is more expensive, but more retention and unlimited downloads)

Disadvantages:
- It costs upward of $30 a month for access
- You're dependent on what happens to be posted on newsgroups at the time

Advantages:
- Untraceable by MPAA and RIAA unless you start posting yourself. If you just leech,
you're 100% safe as the servers aren't public, and these companies don't keep logs.
- FAST downloads from FAST connections.
- You only need to leech -- no worries about uploading.
- Approx. 50 Tb (=50.000 Gb!) worth of material online at any time -- any material!*
(Based on approx. 1 Tb of new posts per day and 50 day retention))

But anyway... above option is of course useless for people who want everything for free.

Zach

pfffft.. I gave up on Suprnova long ago. Always seemed slow and junk.

Torrent Reactor is still a great place to visit

iLLisioN

Same here. I dont use it anymore due to the uploading factor. I use something else...(no uploading :) )

J

Jet Set Willy

The Unofficual SuprNova.org Closure FAQ

"SuprNova.org's fall comes shortly after the demise of other key BitTorrent and eDonkey2000 link sites. Last week, the MPAA and other world wide copyright organizations began to clamp down on ShareConnector, Youceff Torrents and many others. While SuprNova.org was not forced off line, the administration was definitely feeling the pressure.

Slyck spoke with Sloncek, administrator of SuprNova.org about its closure.

"SuprNova.org was more like a hobby that took most of my free time away. And now with current situation, thereÕs too much pressure and I donÕt have the time for it."

Considering that administrators of smaller, although no less significant, communities such as ShareConnector were actually arrested, Sloncek decided to take SuprNova.org off line voluntarily. This will allow him and his fellow administrative staff to concentrate on other projects without worry of prosecution.

While the ability to trade information was a key reason for the success of SuprNova.org, the community will remain intact. SuprNova.org's forums and IRC network will remain online. In addition to keeping the community functioning, it will also allow the SuprNova.org administration to relay any addition news and information."

iLLisioN

iLLisioN said:
Same here. I dont use it anymore due to the uploading factor. I use something else...(no uploading :) )

hmm, always wondered if I could quote myself.

Jale

iLLisioN said:
NOOB CONTEST!!! HOW DO I JOIN!!!
Too late. Votation closes tomorrow... Better luck next time (if there is a next time)...

Last edited:

LoGoS_dArK

well, that sux for suprnova........i usually use torrent.youceff.com for my torrent needs!!