But in this case you can't blame them.. Its their IP

Jale

I liked the SNES game but, omg, the game would be the best :(

chrono.jpg
guardia_coastline.jpg

magus.jpg
WTF??? Can't agree more pictures!!! o_O

Koden

i figure the main reasion why this was told to not be released is because they were trying to make money off someone else's ideas with out their permission.

Reminds me of something i learned about fare use in an ethics class.

They probebly wouldn't of gotten in much trouble if it was going to be a free game online.

Danny

I haven't read much about this apart from this thread and whats on their site, so I might be missing something, but from what I've seen they're idiots did they really think this wasn't going to happen.

The game looks pretty decent though, shame.

TiredBoy

Can't really improve much on anything but the graphics, Waz. =P Well, besides upgraded sound and maybe some gameplay tweaks.

Koden

Jet Set Willy said:
Good art department... that's about it, sadly.
That brings up a good point, would be funny and sad at the same time if they made the game play suck.

Now that i think about it, I think the guy who came up with the chrono trigger concept left squareeunx, so maybe he'll continue it? That or make something just as good. I think he worked on that new gamecube game Baten Kratos [sp?]

Zach

Even if the guy came up with the whole idea of the game I doubt he has any legal right to make anything of it. Usually the company retains all those rights when you work for them and create anything for them to use as a product during your term of employment.

J

Jet Set Willy

You're kidding, right TiredBoy? You think a good game, even a remake, is just about good art? If anything, good management, programmers and funding are the most important things.

Jale

Do you think that those guys have something to do with the cancelled Castlevania Resurrection project?

Last edited:

TiredBoy

Naw, Waz. I'm not that nieve, hence the "=P." As far as I know, though, you can't really tell much else besides the graphics and sound simply from screenshots or vids. I may very well be wrong on that point, though.

SpAzMaStA

The quality of games

The quality of games is not determined by art or visual effects, it is determined by the gameplay and how fun it is. Art,sound,special effects, and numerous other things are just there to enhance the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.