plz help - emulator pokemon trading

lord_varys

this has probably been addressed before but i cant seem to find it, so any help or advice would be most appreciated
i've been trying for all weekend to trade pokemon using an emulator without much luck.
after getting past lots of other problems this is the latest one thats got me stumped -
i have both emulators open and the games loaded, i go to the direct trading desk, the game saves fine in both windows (took a few hours to figure that one out) everythings goin fine,
then it says "Please wait. ... ... B Button: Cancel"
and nothing happens it just stays like that until you cancel,
i have left it to work for literally over an hour, but nothing changes.
after all the effort i've already put in, it would be very frustrating to have to give up now when i seem so close, so i would be grateful for anyone that can help.
so you know i'm using VBA link 1.8 and pokemon leaf green on both windows.

chinabig

It happen to me a lot too.I try 2 things to solve.

1st: When it happen like that, I press B to cancel it. Restart the conversion but this time I pause one emulator to slow a bit like when you need to choose whether or not to save the game, I pause one emulator for a while. I resume that emulator as soon as I finish choosing "yes" on the another emulator. According to my idea, it causes because both emulator finish the conversation at the same time and can't reach data to each other. You will be like that too if the two conversation are a bit too different. That's why I resume as soon as I finish choosing "yes" and do not leave the pause for too long.

2nd: I save both games just in front of the woman. Close both windows and reopen both window or reset both emulators again. After I finish loading the games,I don't play the game. Talk straight to the woman and done. If the error occur again, I try the 1st advice again. Only if it won't work I try this 2nd advice again.But, I have never tried more than 2 times or 3 times.

Oh, the version. I don't know about that version. If I know correctly, you can't trade in that version. I just tested once. The version I'm using right now is Link version 1.7.3. You can get it at http://gcemu.dcemu.co.uk/visualboy.shtml

Version 1.8.0 beta0 link version will go error after you enter the room. Version 1.8.0 beta3, can't even find the link option.

Try it out. :eek:

Oh, I just remember you might have wrong settings there. The settings you need to change are like below but the default settings are pretty much like that too.
> From Options/Emulator, deselect the "Pause when inactive window". "Synchronize" and "Automatic IPS patching" should be selected in default. If not, select them.
> From Options/Link/Options, choose "Single Computer".
> Better if both windows have most of the settings the same. To make this easy, copy the "vba1.ini" or "vba1" file and paste it just right there and change the name of new file into "vba2.ini" or "vba2" if you just open two windows. If you open the third windows, the setting file for that window will be "vba3.ini" or "vba3" but I had never tried with third or three windows.

Last edited: