The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Query

Bananamonkey

Hello everyone,

I'll get straight to it: I heard there are more than one version of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. I know there's a Gamecube version and a Wii version, but I heard there's also a version 2 somewhere. Is this true? If so, is 'version 2' the latest version? And finally, out of the Gamecube and Wii versions, which one would be recommended to play on the Dolphin? Has one got more fixed bugs or bonuses over the other?

Thank you for reading!

PS I also heard the Wii version has better graphics, while others say it doesn't. What to do!

Last edited:

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
I would get version 1 of the gamecube, Since I am a lefty myself, I like my Link STAYING left-handed. The reason why people think that Twilight Princess is better on the wii is because it displays at a higher native resolution then the gamecube, but when you are emulating that doesn't quite matter.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
The problem with iso's, is not really the version, its the rips. Of course you should be making your own rips, not downloading them ;) Anyways, I'm playing ZTP ( GC version ) on dolphin and I'm very far in it. At the time I started wii was not implemented. I dont see anything preventing it from being beatable.

Bananamonkey

Hey man,

Thanks for replying, but isn't there an overall version 2 of the game? The Wii version probably could be considered version 2, but what I meant was didn't version 1 get released and had too many bugs or something so they released version 2? Isn't this right?

I agree with the left-handed thing. I'm personally right-handed but the inconsistency with Link being right-handed bothers me. But hey, I think it's a new Link altogether like in Wind Waker so I guess it's not that inconsistent after all.

If there is no version 2, then I'll take your advice and get the Gamecube version.

BTW, does the 'memory card' on Dolphin have unlimited memory? And if you want to delete a saved game in it you have to open the game you have the save for to delete it? I can't figure out how it works. If it works like a real life one, how do you access its content? I tried holding Enter (which I've configured as Start) while opening an ISO but as predicted, it didn't work.

I just need that little bit of help, shouldn't take too much of your time.

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
AFAIK there is the GC version, Wii version, and The Wii version was re-released as part of the Nintendo Selects range.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Twilight_Princess

Of course memcards have limits. They are formatted like a disc so it has limits. Though the question is a bit odd because you can make as many MC's as you have room for? So in a sense its unlimited. Dolphin comes with a memcard manager ( in the menus ), check it out.