extremely new to emulators

megaman714

Ok i am trying to us a gba emulator. I downloaded pokemon fire red went thru the credits and hit start. I then got the message 1m circuit board not installed. Anyone know what to do?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
This error message comes up in games that use 128k Flash chips. The default setting in VisualBoy Advance is to emulate a 64k Flash chip. To fix this, go to Options > Emulator > Save Type, and select "Flash 128k." Be sure to delete any .SAV files for the game before doing this. Otherwise it will continue trying to use the corrupted save file.

megaman714

This error message comes up in games that use 128k Flash chips. The default setting in VisualBoy Advance is to emulate a 64k Flash chip. To fix this, go to Options > Emulator > Save Type, and select "Flash 128k." Be sure to delete any .SAV files for the game before doing this. Otherwise it will continue trying to use the corrupted save file.

Thank you so much. Sorry about not putting which emulator I am using i was in a hurry when i posted. Anyways I did this and am getting the same error message except this time it says 1m sub-circuit board as opposed to just 1m circuit board

Last edited:

chinabig

That should work (Options/Emulator/Save Type/Flash 128K and upper one is "automatic"). I have just tried it out too.

At 1st, I don't know what to do with that either. But, when I get gpSPhone emulator in my iPhone, I try playing that FR rom. Unexpectly, it worked. So, I just copy the save file from the iPhone and continue playing with VBA. You are using VBA(visualboy advance), right?
Now I see this post and I try it out just right now too. It work smoothly just once. I try to save it, reset the game and load it again. It's ok.
You really need to clear all ".sav" file, ".sa1" file (".sa2", ".sa3", etc. if there were) for the game. Just leave only that "***fire red***.gba" file. * means the name will be different from site to site where you downloaded it.

You should try downloading again either the rom file or emulator or both. If error keep going, try downloading at different websites.
If it's ok, you can send that emulator setting file to my email chinabig.bigchina@gmail.com. I will help checking it out. The setting file is "vba1.ini" or "vba1". Say something if you send it. Don't send plain file or I might deleted it thinking it can be virus or something. Better if u can send the emulator file too because I want to know which version you are using and I don't need to find it everywhere on the net.

Last edited: