Pokemon HG and Soulsilver

Shakyor

Hey i really want to play some pokemon again and my gf became really interested as well. Since, althougn i started with red, the real time sink in my youth was gold. So we decided, why not trie HeartGold and SoulSilver. She can see what was so big in my childhood and i get to see some new stuff.

However for the full expirience we would like to be able to trade and battle. Also we would like to be able to each play on our private pcs. Although it would be ok if we had to transfer saves via usb if trading and battling only works on the same pc and save transfering is possible.

So yeah is this possible and if yes could someone give advice on which emulator to use and how we should get about the trading and battling?

Ps: on a side note, but much less important, i thought g/s starters sucked hard, meaning were really uncool and flavorless. And i really wanted to trie this fireape thingie. Is there a way to trade at or soon to the start, or if not a starter from just any other generation really.

Thanks to everyone in advance!

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Well, trading and battling via internet hasn't been implemented in DS emulators yet. As for getting the fireape, you can just use an Action Replay code to get it if you don't like the starters.

Shakyor

And could we do it on the same computer?

Could we transfer a save game from one computer to another?

Actionreplay code?

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Not even on the same computer. You could transfer saves from one comp to another, but what use what use would it be? An action replay code helps you cheat with the game, like getting a pokemon artificially.

Shakyor

Oh.....but on the internet there are everywhere people saying you CAN trade and battle, does it just not work for heart gold or soul silver? Would it be possible on another edition?

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
No, that is all rumor, unfortunately. There have been people that have gotten emulators to link for GBC and such, but ive never gotten it to work.

Shakyor

No i mean link between emulators, not to actual hardware. Or do you mean this. Cause if it really sucks, was always the most important thing about pokemon. Well, damn....thank you though

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Yeah, thats what I mean. No multiplayer between emulators yet, and all progress on ds emulators in general are at a stop for now. Sorry. :(