Re: Having trouble configuring a second controller in Project 64.

nicoleb

I'm having trouble configuring a second controller in Project 64 (version 1.6). I know how to configure controllers and have already done it with the first controller input, but whenever I try to do it with the second input, it doesn't save my progress. Like, I'll input different keys for controller input 2, but as soon as I close the tab, everything is blank again. I don't want to do any overly complex multiplaying; I just want a second controller so I can trade Pokemon in Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2. Do I need a second keyboard or a special plugin, or am I just doing something wrong? Please help! X_X

PS: If possible, I don't want to have to change versions of Project 64. I spent a long time figuring out how to get GB and GBC ROMs working through the Gamepak plugin, and I don't want to undo that.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member

Are you doing this with N'rages Input plugin? If you are, you might be forgetting to save the setup. If that doesn't work, try saving the controller keys and loading them up. If that doesn't work, go into the plugin folder and see if there is a ini or config file and delete it, it might reset the the plugin and work properly.

nicoleb

OMG! It worked! Thank you! I wasn't saving the input. I can't believe I was so stupid. >_<

Actually, I have another question: The emulator is telling me that having a second tranfer pak will likely do nothing and won't allow me to add a second GB/GBC ROM to the second controller port. Is there any way to fix this?

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member

I remember transfering pokemon before, it should work. What version of nrage do you have? It allows me to do it on NRage DInput8 V2.2. If you don't have that one, you can download it from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/nragev20/ Tell me if it works.

nicoleb

Thanks a lot for your help, Mupen64 Man, but I think I'm okay now. Again, I wasn't thinking and stupidly forgot that I have a GB/GBC-emulator that can trade and that I can just use the Box-transferring thing in Stadium 2, since I've filled the Pokedex on both my Yellow and Crystal files (Thanks, Gameshark). So, I think I'll avoid installing a different plug-in for now, though I'll definitely save this one and keep it around for the future if I ever change my mind. Thanks again! <3

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member

Glad you were able to work it out, happy gaming. :)