The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker Forsaken Fortress Query

Bananamonkey

Greetings,

I can't seem to find the answer anywhere so pelase help me out! I'm using Dolphin Emulator, and am completely new to it (this is my first game I'm ever playing on it). But unfortunately, so soon into the game, I've ran into a problem. I've arrived to Forsaken Fortress for the first time but whenever I try to open one of the gates, or I get spotted by one of the search lights, the screen fades black and is frozen (however, music is still being played). Does any one have a solution to this? I'm really excited to have my first game on this system, since the last games I played where Nintendo 64 ones (which are fantastic, but I need something new!). So please help!

Bananamonkey

Thanks champion, I'll give 'em a go and report back with the results. I actually had a look at that page before coming here, but must've overlooked it (I must've been searching for my exact problem or somethin'). So happy I finally got one game for this emulator, not used to the amazing graphics!

Bananamonkey

Update: well I'm back… and it didn't work. Damn. So disheartening, and I really thought that was the way to go. Any other suggestions? Feel free to ask me any questions if it helps. Seems other people elsewhere over the net had the same problem but their issues didn't get resolved.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Truck!, thought I helped! Ntch, I would probably try using different versions of Dolphin, I heard that there are some versions that have some specific bugs for games and some that lack. Also if you are using Dolphin x64, try alternating between x64 and x86, you might get lucky. I remember having this problem when I was playing on my friends PC and I just finished the Forsaken Fortress, It froze and played music when I was supposed to wake up from being knocked out. I remember messing around with a whole bunch of settings.

If found some threads you might want to check out, mostly from the Dolphin forums. None of them seem definite, but it might fix your specific situation.
http://forums.dolphin-emulator.com/printthread.php?tid=19493
http://forums.dolphin-emulator.com/printthread.php?tid=16124
Also remember to take a good look on the very first link I gave you, the compatibility list has some good information to take advantage of.

Last edited:

Bananamonkey

Hey buddy,

Fix item hang worked after all! More like, after all that! Sorry! Thanks for your help, Mupen64 Man!

On a side note, does anyone know if it is possible to change my saved game's file name? So it's not 'MemoryCardA.USA.raw' but say 'The Legend of Zelda – The Wind Waker.raw'? Or is it not possible? That way I don't get things mixed up with other saved games.

Thanks for reading.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Im glad I ended up helping after all. :) Um, I don't think it would be possible because multiple saved games would be on the same "MemoryCardA" file, since games are saved on a memory card just like the playstation. You can always treat saved states like they're saved games, at least those are manageable.

Bananamonkey

Yeah cheers again for helping me out; yay I get to play Zelda!

If I can save multiple saved games on the one memory card just like a real life one, what happens when I run out of space? Can I make another file?