Which is the best SNES emulator for the DS?

MadThrasher

So, I have a DS Lite with an old SuperCard SDHC model. I don't have a SLOT-2 card. I've already tried some emulators, but none of them worked satisfactorily (or not at all).

For example, there was SNESDS. I couldn't even use it: I tried converting an SNES game with it, but it was with the extension .gba, therefore I couldn't use these files as I have no SLOT-2 devices - and as I understand, you need a SLOT-2 card to be able to run .gba files on the DS. SNEmulDS seemed to work just fine, but the sound randomly stopped and I had to restart the console. SnezziDS looked like a great choice as it has no problem with sounds and is said to work perfectly, but for some reason, I couldn't download the ZIP archive as the download gets cancelled before the last moment. I can download the old version however, but it's the same as in the case of SNESDS: the result is a .gba file, with which I can't do anything.

Are there any other alternatives? Or did I mess up something? I could understand if it was the latter, because no one else seems to have any kinds of problem with these emulators.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
I don't know that much about DS homebrew, but from the little research I have done SNemulDS seems to be the best for your situation. I know it doesn't have the best compatibility, but its the best for now.

MadThrasher

Thanks for the answer! Seems like I'll stay at playing it on my PC, since SNemulDS is not even working anymore (I gave that one a try once again, and it froze everytime I saved, and also, the sound issue occured once again).

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
You're welcome. :) You should probably check the compatibility list, there might be a game that works fine.

stubby42642

i know its been a few years since this guy posted with problems.... but if ull get in touch with me i can help u out. im running SNemulDS now.. and the only problems im haveing is some compatability on certain games. ive got the files u need tho, holler if ya need em. or let me know if uve found something beeter for the DS. thanks