Game Problem: Fire Red Save File Error DIXL

Sivy

I have a card that plays GBA games, I started playing fire Red hoping my friend and I can exchange pokemon since we never were able to do so when we were kids. Anyways, it gives us a save game error, and we do not have some sort of M1 back up thing... any help would be appreciated.

Sivy

yea I did that, ha haaaa, solutions I found did not work, and couldn't find it. One says to download a certain text document that doesn't work, and another one say to patch it, which didn't work, that is why I am asking. Thank you for your constructive help.

chinabig

Are you using emulator or the game console? What I know is they called game card in the game console and the problem of M1 backup thing is found in my emulator so I can't decide which one are you using. But, if it's for emulator, I can help. I've just read it in one of other posts,though. But, I've tried it myself too. It works.

You need to use VBA for this advice. In VBA menu bar, choose Options/Emulator/Save Type/Flash 128K. The upper one is just automatic.
Clear all your corresponding save files for that game. Leave only that rom file there and restart the game again. When I did that, that message of M1 backup thing isn't coming out again and can save and load the game.

I'm sorry if you are using game console and sorry if I misunderstand it with game console.

Sivy

Hey, thanks for replying, through this thread died, I am using a DStwo card, its for the DSI XL, but thanks for replying

chinabig

Ah, just as I thought. I felt it strange when I saw DIXL too.(I don't know what it is either)
No problem. I want to find a thread so I'm finding the similar thread what I want to know. And then, I found something I can help with so i just sign up and replying them.

I can't help you about that then.
Good Luck! :)