Game Problem: Help with cheats in VBA?

jfislove

Hey guys,

I'm just getting into emulation now, and for some reason I can't get Gameshark codes to work with VBA.

I've been trying it with Pokemon Emerald, and I Googled the codes and got this 'Master Code', which I assume is what is needed to use all other codes, kind of like a key?
I then copied and pasted the other codes I wanted, in separate boxes, beneath this, and hoped they would work, but they didn't.

Anyone able to give me a step-by-step guide of the method of carrying this out, in case I'm forgetting something important?

I don't really understand the whole process, just the 'gist' of it, but I think I'd get it if someone explained it to me.

I don't know which version of Emerald I'm using, like what country or whatever, but it's in English, so I assume that means it's American?

Also was wondering if the codes are different between generations, and even games, like if I have an 'add experience' code for Ruby, will the same one work in Sapphire, and would the Master Code for the two be the same? And would the same one work in LeafGreen or Gold/Silver?

Hate to seem needy, but I'm really stuck with this, thanks in advance!!