Emulator Problem: The Game's Sound Crashing & Load Slowly

YuuCa

Hello. I'm a newbie
I would like to apologize first if this kind of question has been asked by another person before. I'm really desperate in solving this problem of mine

So, I'm using a NO$GBA emulator and there's these 3 games that wouldn't work perfectly every time I open them. Every time I open them the emulator starts working slowly and decrease in speed. Like, from 100% to 54%, 73%, and so on, it never reaches back to 100%. Also, the pictures start moving very slow and the sound started to crash I couldn't even hear what the characters in game are saying.

I was wondering if this had something to do with my laptop data spaces, because it might be too full so it the game won't work properly and need more free spaces so the system will work properly? Suppose, yes. Do I have to delete some of my files?

The other games I used to open work just fine without the sound crashing or the emulator working slow all of the sudden. I just couldn't stand hearing the crashing sound.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate, it was Windows 7 starter when I bought the laptop though. Free spaces on Hard Disk Drives C are 40.1 GB. Free spaces on Hard Disk Drives D are 44.0 GB. And my screen resolution is 1024x600

And I was wondering if I should mention the games' names too? And should I add more RAM to my laptop?

Here's some details about my laptop, I found it on a sticker that sticks on the right side of the laptop. I don't know if this would help make this problem easier to be solved or not.

"Intel? Atom™ Processor N450 (1.66GHz, 512KB Cache); 1 GB Memory; Storage 250 GB HDD; 10.1"; Computer Performance Base Score 2.4"

I hope I could get some help soon :)
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

testmachine

Old member
That laptop is not meant for emulation.The reason why the sound crashes is your cpu.It's slow because of its build.
Laptops are not meant for gaming or emulation,they are just for business purposes.If possible buy a desktop pc with a intel core2duo or intel i3 processor then you wont have choppy sound.

YuuCa

That laptop is not meant for emulation.The reason why the sound crashes is your cpu.It's slow because of its build.
Laptops are not meant for gaming or emulation,they are just for business purposes.If possible buy a desktop pc with a intel core2duo or intel i3 processor then you wont have choppy sound.

Is it possible to put one of those processor into the laptop?
Also, is there anything I could do for this as long as it's not "buying a new PC"? Because I can't just buy a new PC for gaming purpose. ):

Last edited:

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
I would try using a different emulator, the most likely reason why it isnt working to full capacity is because its a pretty outdated emulator, try searching and downloading DesmuME. If you want to stick to NO$GBA, try to find the option that allows frameskipping, it'll help improve the gamespeed.

YuuCa

I would try using a different emulator, the most likely reason why it isnt working to full capacity is because its a pretty outdated emulator, try searching and downloading DesmuME. If you want to stick to NO$GBA, try to find the option that allows frameskipping, it'll help improve the gamespeed.

I've used DesmuMe but it still doesn't work ):
Is there any specific version of DesmuMe I should try?

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
If one version doesn't work, then I don't know what would work. You say that No$GBA has some functionality, What I would try is go into its settings and lower the quality of sound and lower the quality of the graphics. If there is an option to sync the audio with the video, check that as well. If the sound continues to mess up, you might want to just disable the sound entirely, that will boost your game speed garanteed. Sorry if this sounds technical, I tried to put it as simple as possible. :)

YuuCa

Is there any possibility that the game will work properly with sound if I add some more RAM to the laptop?
And the problem is, I really want to hear the sound because the sound has something to do with the game ):

Last edited:

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Thats always a dissapointment, no, there really isn't much that ram can do for you, its mostly CPU that you need. Sorry, :(

testmachine

Old member
Wondering what's the game name.I just got out my 3 year old laptop.to try it but i don't know the game name.post it then i'll tell you if it worked with me.
my laptop specs:
CPU:Core2duo 2,7 ghz
Gpu:some kind of ati mobility 512 mb
ram 4 GB

YuuCa

Wondering what's the game name.I just got out my 3 year old laptop.to try it but i don't know the game name.post it then i'll tell you if it worked with me.
my laptop specs:
CPU:Core2duo 2,7 ghz
Gpu:some kind of ati mobility 512 mb
ram 4 GB

It's
Hitman Reborn! DS: Flame Rumble X - Mirai Cho Bakuhatsu!!
Katekyo Hitman Reborn! DS Flame Rumble XX - Kessen! Real 6 Chouka
Katekyo Hitman Reborn! DS Bongole Shiki Taisen Battle Sugoroku

but our CPU is different, I bet it will work just fine in your laptop, since yours is Core2duo o:

testmachine

Old member
To yuuca:
tried it on my laptop and the first game you named worked perfect.both on no$gba wt no$zoomer and desmume.as for the other games on your list i don't know.
As mupen64 man said it's mostly because of your cpu.i have core2duo both in my desktop and laptop pc.So it works perfect
Time for an upgrade YuuCa.

YuuCa

Aaaaah. I see.
So that means, I should really buy a new laptop with at least Core2Duo in it ):

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
However, you could try to free up CPU by shutting off any anti-virus software, I work with a rather old computer (Lower end Pentium IV) and I find that emulators work alot better that way, Don't let old hardware beat you! Find a loophole. :)

YuuCa

However, you could try to free up CPU by shutting off any anti-virus software, I work with a rather old computer (Lower end Pentium IV) and I find that emulators work alot better that way, Don't let old hardware beat you! Find a loophole. :)

I see o:
I'll try then! Thank you very much! :D