MESS Emulator for old Retro-Systems?

ot4ku

Hello,
i remember using GENS for my Sega Emulation (MS, GG & MD) and zSnes or something for my Nintedo Emulations, and for N64 there was also one Emulator that worked. Or this Advanceboy for GBA Games.

But now ther eis this MESS Emulator, anyone can say if its useful to use that instead of the other Emus that are speacialy for every System? I remember i could use NETPLAY with Gens and the zSnes Emulator to play 2 Player Games on the Internet. Not sure if MESS also supports that.

Has anyone here experience in using MESS and would you recommend using MESS for ALL instead of using a own Emulators for every System?

Thanks for your help and advice.

I will write later in MISC Emulation Topics some questions i have about all this MESS, MAME, TOSEC, GoodTools, No-Intro Stuff... MAybe some one can explain there to, thanks a lot.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
would you recommend using MESS for ALL instead of using a own Emulators for every System?
No, its best to use a stand alone emulator for each game system. Then get a front end like QuickPlay to run manage the games you want to play. In QP, you can sort by console, then select the game. Its set up like a file system of sorts. Its a must see. http://www.quickplayfrontend.com/index.php?act=idx

ot4ku

Thank you, it really helps a lot to know that. I test the QP out, looks really nice, and it seems to support almost every Emulator, thanks for the Link!

Robert

You can give MESS a try, it runs all the systems you mentioned. Then you can make up your own mind as to if it is any good or not.

However it does not support network play, to answer your question.