Need some Information from experienced Emulator Users... Nintendo

ot4ku

Hello,
first, thanks for reading and because here is a board for "every system brand" i write here only for Nintendo.
Maybe someone can help me with some useful information.
I just moved to another place and im setting up all my consoles etc. but im wondering what consoles i maybe dont need to setting up at my TV anymore.

For Example, for them i know i dont need them to connect to TV anymore, i can run them smoothly on Emulators:

• Nintendo NES
  • Nintendo SNES
  • Nintendo GB / GBA
But how is it for them?

• Nintendo N64
  • Nintendo Gamecube
  • Nintendo NDS / NDSi / 3DS

Is there emulation already possible (maybe in %) for this Systems to? I mean one that really runs, not something that runs just a few games or just with some FPS.
I got for NDS one SDCard i could put in NDS to play all GBA / NDS Games, but dont know if this also works on NDSi and 3DS, or if theres Emu possible on PC. For Nintendo 64 i remember using a Emulator some years ago but it was pretty laggy, has there improved some Emulation for N64 in last years? Do they run smooth now? I mean PC Hardware also got faster and better so that helps maybe to.
For Nintendo Wii i assume there is no Emulation possible right? Its just to "new" just saw there is some Custom Firmware for Wii so Wii runs Copies, bot Emulation would be maybe asking for tomuch right?

So can someone give me some advice on this? Thanks a lot. Im going to post in Sega, Xbox & Sony board to, maybe if you can help there to please answer there to, thanks. I dont wanna break rules here on my first day on this board. Thanks again for reading.

By the way, found this MESS Emu i need some help with, i will post in "Misc Emulation Topics" if someone is interested.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
The N64 is well emulated, you don't need to worry about that. You might want to keep your Gamecube or Wii hooked up because I think gamecube emulation is a little dodgy. The NDS is well emulated, so you don't need to worry about that either.

ot4ku

Nice thanks, then im goint to put the N64 away to, you are relly helpful. For the NDS, i remember getting always the roms, but do you know if Nintendo 3DS is also playable on Emulator without problems. About same as GBA / NDS (normal) Games? I mean i dont have a 3D Monitor / TV, so im not sure how that works anyway...

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
do you know if Nintendo 3DS is also playable on Emulator without problems
There are no 3ds emulators available yet. I dont think we will see much in the way of that one because of the 3d requirement but you never know. Emulators typically dont aim for the TV out option as its highly questionable as to their intent. Making it work on a computer is one thing but on a TV...

Jale

N64 and DS emulation is pretty acceptable nowadays. GameCube and Wii are on their way. No 3DS so far.