Need some Information from experienced Emulator Users... Sega

ot4ku

Hello,
first, thanks for reading and because here is a board for "every system brand" i write here only for Sega.
Maybe someone can help me with some useful information.
I just moved to another place and im setting up all my consoles etc. but im wondering what consoles i maybe dont need to setting up at my TV anymore.

For Example, for them i know i dont need them to connect to TV anymore, i can run them smoothly on Emulators:

• Sega Master System
  • Sega Mega Drive
  • Sega 32X
  • Sega GameGear
But how is it for them?

• Sega MegaCD
  • Sega Saturn
  • Sega Dreamcast

Is there emulation already possible (maybe in %) for this Systems to? I mean one that really runs, not something that runs just a few games or just with some FPS. I got many Isos and everything but as long as there is no real smooth emulation possible i stick with the real console in front of TV. So can someone give me some advice on this? Thanks a lot. Im going to post in Nintendo, Xbox & Sony board to, maybe if you can help there to please answer there to, thanks. I dont wanna break rules here on my first day on this board. Thanks again for reading.

By the way, found this MESS Emu i need some help with, i will post in "Misc Emulation Topics" if someone is interested.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Sega MegaCD is pretty well emulated, but keep Sega Saturn and Sega Dreamcast connected to your tv. There are some really good emulators for both those systems, but some games will bug up and potentially freeze. If you wanted to eliminate at least one from those two, you could probably eliminate Sega Dreamcast, as far as I know it is well emulated. Hope I answered at least a part of your question.

ot4ku

Yes you did, but did i read this right?? The Sega DREAMCAST is emulated? I expected maybe the MegaCD, and i searched last day for Sega Saturn Emulation and as you sayd right it seems there are some bugged games and not every game runs, so i stay with my saturn on tv. But the Dreamcast is pretty awsome grafics, and is faar more powerful then Saturn, but it runns on emulation? I mean if yes, wow im happy, but very surprised.
Thanks for your help, you really helped a lot.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Yes dream cast emulation is working. NullDC sometimes plays it too fast. Now there are a lot of games that dont work still.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Yes you did, but did i read this right?? The Sega DREAMCAST is emulated? I expected maybe the MegaCD, and i searched last day for Sega Saturn Emulation and as you sayd right it seems there are some bugged games and not every game runs, so i stay with my saturn on tv. But the Dreamcast is pretty awsome grafics, and is faar more powerful then Saturn, but it runns on emulation? I mean if yes, wow im happy, but very surprised.
Thanks for your help, you really helped a lot.
The reason why the Sega Saturn isn't well emulated was because Sega wanted to jump the gun and beefed up the Saturn with 2 CPUs, and because of that it takes alot of computer resources and some pretty awesome coding skills to get it to run. Oh, that Sega. :p