zelda no densetsu-the hyrule fantasy

violetfox

sorry to bump this, but I am having the same problem. I have tried many different emulators, different rom dumps. The game does not respond to any buttons you press. Any help would be appreciated.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Im going to test this game out on another emulator for you, so that I am not speaking of my ass, but I think that you might wanna try BSNES, not many know that it supports NES games. Also, I think it might have to do with region recognition, so I am guessing you might wanna try using the Japanese NES bios to boot the rom.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
I am trying emulators, and the first one can't gain control, looking up the probably yields no results either, and youtube shows emulation working properly. hmm, not gonna let this Jap fool me, im gonna keep on trying. BSNES doesn't work, thought it supported fds.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
That was short, but I defeated the japs. I got Zelda no Denetsu 1 - The Hyrule Fantasy, and its rom extension was *.nes instead of *.fds, and it worked no problem. Just google Zelda no Denetsu 1 - The Hyrule Fantasy and you should find it no problem.

violetfox

thanks for your help, but I figured what was going wrong with the fds version. I feel stupid for not realizing this. You have to set the disk to side B at the title screen.