Help With Dolphin Emulator

aaronfranke

I need help with the dolphin Emulator. Something wierd happens when i try to play a game, and this is different for each game. for pikmin 2 when ever i played it a black screen appeared with text at the top that dissapeared. for super mario sunshine you get a blue screen with darker blue text boxes. andYESI have tried to re-download these games even from other sites. What is my problem Here?!?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Sounds like a video card render issue. Try setting the plugin to use open-gl.

aaronfranke

Compaq PRESARIO PC: Windows XP (service pack 3)(32bit) hard drive 60 GB intel: i3 core processor directX 9.0c 900 MB RAM ~1.8 GHZ ATI Raidon X-press 200 series pixelshader 2.0 max compatible

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
ah, The Xpress 200 isn't that good for gaming. This is part of your chip-set in the laptop. I dont think there is much option for upgrading in this case. Even if you got the video of the game looking good it would be too slow to play. software rendering, is just as it sounds it renders in software not the hardware ( video card ). So yes that will be quite slow.

aaronfranke

1. i have a desktop, not a laptop 2. is there a way to upgrade or emulate the chip (like 3D analyze) without going to the store or amazon(etc.)

also i really do not mind the game being slow but i hate how it freezes on occasion

Really quick (i do not want to start a new thread for this) my PXSX2 emulator works fine but it is also unplayably slow. is this the same problem with this? how come PXSX2 doesn't freeze on me and dolphin does?

Last edited by a moderator:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
you do know what the edit button does right? Dont make new posts like this just edit the old one. ( I merged them for you )

All of your problems will be solved by getting a real video card. Get a nvidia 240/180 or better. You will need a better power supply as well! No this is not going to be cheep, if money becomes an issue, buy the console.

PXS2 is much harder to emulate then gamecube or wii. Of course its slow. Your computer can not handle these consoles, upgrade it. The freezing is most likely due to the way dolphin is emulating and your video card is just being stressed.

Last edited:

aaronfranke

thnx for telling me about the edit button, i will use that next time. what do you mean power supply? do you mean replace the one i have or add on a power cord? Since it is not cheap what price then? fyi i alerady have a NVIDA Aeolus 6800 sreries also but i need DVI plugs for that so i bought a adapter for 5 dollars from amazon.com (it hasn't arrived yet) do you think this will work when i get it? i do not want to spend more than 50 dollars on my computer.

P.S. I already have a gamecube but my game itself got so scratched up i could not play them. is there a way to mod the cube to either play the ISO or combine it with the computer? (i like to search for easier ways to do things, i am SICK of the discs being scratched up!)

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
thnx for telling me about the edit button, i will use that next time. what do you mean power supply? do you mean replace the one i have or add on a power cord? Since it is not cheap what price then? fyi i alerady have a NVIDA Aeolus 6800 sreries also but i need DVI plugs for that so i bought a adapter for 5 dollars from amazon.com (it hasn't arrived yet) do you think this will work when i get it? i do not want to spend more than 50 dollars on my computer.
You need a computer guy to help you, chaging out a power supply is not a simple matter. A power supply is a big bulk box that has all the power cables going in to it.

P.S. I already have a gamecube but my game itself got so scratched up i could not play them. is there a way to mod the cube to either play the ISO or combine it with the computer? (i like to search for easier ways to do things, i am SICK of the discs being scratched up!)
Modding the game cube is possible just search on it.

the NVIDA Aeolus 6800 is better then what you have in there but hardly enough for what you want to do. Your looking at $500 atleats to play at near full speeds. the Aeolus will let you see the game working but not that playable and I dont think you will need to up the power supply for it. So its worth a shot.

Last edited: