New and need help.

Mab Sidhe

Completely new to the emulator industry, was wanting to get a playstation 2 emulator, but it says to - Tip: Make sure to also download and configure the plugins & playstation bios otherwise ePSXe will not work! I have no idea what this means, or how to do it, so could someone please give me a step by step instructions so I can figure it out. Thank you.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Ok few things here...

1)
Tip: Make sure to also download and configure the plugins & playstation bios otherwise ePSXe will not work!
ePSXe is not a ps2 emulator so you have something wrong in your post. I'm also guessing this is not a direct quote as "playstation " is spelled wrong.

2) Yes, just about all ( few expectations ) psx and ps2 emulators are plug-in based. Most of which have plug-in wizards.

So what emulator are you using?

Mab Sidhe

Ok few things here...

1) ePSXe is not a ps2 emulator so you have something wrong in your post. I'm also guessing this is not a direct quote as "playstation " is spelled wrong.

2) Yes, just about all ( few expectations ) psx and ps2 emulators are plug-in based. Most of which have plug-in wizards.

So what emulator are you using?
I'm not using any, and meant ps1 emulator - was very tired when I posted this.

The correct capitalization of the P and S in "playstation" shouldn't be a factor in any incorrect spelling, so don't try to act like you're good with grammar simply because Firefox says it's incorrect.

I just want to know how to make it run properly, and was wanting a clean answer on what I posted originally. Obviously the only help I was able to get was from a controlled grammar nazi troll that thought it would be nice to ask me what kind of emulator I use when obviously I stated "I'm COMPLETELY new to the emulator industry".

If anyone can please direct me in to how to work "Make sure to also download and configure the plugins & playstation bios otherwise ePSXe will not work!" or where to find them would help a lot. I don't even know where to begin, and going about google for hours seems like a wild goose chase for me.

Thank you.

Last edited:

MarioGeek

95% of problems that are brought up concerning emulation can literally be solved with a google search. ;) Just bringing that up in case you run into future problems.

As for your current problem, you'll be best off downloading an ePSXe package that comes with all necessary plugins and such. There are lots floating around. Searching for each individual component would be a pain in the ass. :p