Game Problem: Certain Games in PJ64 move the controller up continuosly

angstymeierlink

Ok so I'm new to the Project64 emulator, but it seems to be working fine. Star Fox is a blast, and the controls work great. But when I try to play games like Carmageddon or Monopoly (ya ya, i'm bored), in the menu's it just keeps scrolling up non stop. I even tried to map everything out to keyboard controls and it still does it, which makes me think its a game problem, not an emulator problem. If this is the case I guess I just won't play those games, but if I'm doing something wrong or there is a fix I'd love some help. I'm using a Logitech Wingman Cordless. Thanks.

Adorable Snorunt

I also played Monopoly on Project64 version 1.6 emulator and it has no menu scrolling up problem. Which plugins were used when you play the game?

angstymeierlink

Jabo's DirectInput7 1.6 is the input plugin in use... that's what your asking right? Same 1.6 for vid and audio plugins. Hmmm I didn't think of changing the input plugin, is that what you would recommend?

angstymeierlink

I switched the input plugin from Jabo's 1.6 to N-Rages Direct-Input8 V2 1,80a and it works fine! Thanks for the help bro! I'm wondering if I should use all games with this plugin and whether or not I should mix up my vid and audio plugins for some potential better working ones... food for thought?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
This is a well know calibration issue. First calibrate the joystick in windows. If the problem persists modify the dead zones.