Emulator Problem: Pcsx 2 Configuration

asteiner2

Sorry if this thread is redundant with any others, I've searched for solution on this forum already, but i may need specific help.

I just installed Pcsx2, and I've been able to run games, but not to the quality I had hoped for. I tested out iso's of Star Wars Battlefront and Prince of Persia TT. SW Battlefront is listed as fully compatible with Pcsx2. I've played around with settings quite a bit and understand what most of the them do for speed and/or quality, but i just can't get Battlefront to run at 60 fps, it averages at 35-40 in game and peaks at 50 (During menu and loading it get up to 120fps if i turn off framelimiting). My plugins are GSdx 4600 ssse3 w/ directx 10, and SPU2-X r4600m. My audio settings have been set to the more basic levels, I'm sure that's not a problem. But I'm not sure exactly how I should configure the GS, but I have to believe my CPU is capable of running the games full speed, 64bit systems are supposed to be good at stuff like this that require so much RAM. I've had my settings set to make speed the priority but i just can't get a full 60fps. I tested out exactly which speedhacks to use, enabling all of them except VU cycle stealing and fast CDVD. I'm worried that maybe my settings are too aggressive and are causing the game to slowdown, rather than speed up.

Here's my specs:
Sony Vaio notebook 64bit
Intel Core i3 CPU M350@2.27 GHz
4 GB Ram
Windows 7 64bit os
Nvidia GeForce 310m

And outside of the settings, is their anything I can do to help the speed issue, like closing all other apps (should i close out the browser?), or changing my NVIDIA or system settings?
All help would be greatly appreciated!

Lovestoemu

I too am having some difficulty with the 0.98 version. For whatever the reason when the emulator scans my hardware it says I have ss2,ss3,ss4a available. But when I try to switch the GS plugin settings from sse2 to sse3 or sse4a it tells me my hardware or drivers are incompatible. I have been able to get tekken 5 to run between 38-46 fps but madden 11 wont run any faster than 32-36 tops! I've been searching for ways to fix this this and thus have come up empty handed so far.

System specs:

Asus m4A785-M
Amd phenom x-4 940 black edition @3.01ghz
4BG ram @ 800mhz
win 7 x64 ultra
Nvidia 9800gt 1gb ram

I've been tinkering but just cant get it quite right with the plug-in settings..
Thanks in advance!