Nes and Snes emulator disortion/graphic problems Since windows 7

dylstew

Nes and Snes emulator disortion/graphic problem

When I emulate games on zsnes or nestopa/virtuanes,these weird lines of disorted pixels go on the screen when there's movemement.
I can't show it because when I screen shot,or record you don't see it and it's hard to explain.
Also,since windows 7 the scrolling is jerky too.
I think it is because I got a new monitor. :/

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Re: Nes and Snes emulator disortion/graphic problem

If its multiple emulators I agree its something in common. I'd first off make sure the video drivers are up to date. That would explain why the screen shot show shows ok. Nothing much you can do for the monitor unless you have another to swap out and test. That is assuming you tried different resolutions.

dylstew

EDIT: I know the cause! when I change the refresh rate on this monitor to 60,it still says it's on 59 and iut is,but on the other it's fine on 60 and when I put it on 59 the samething happens.
Problem is, If I can't change it to 60 on that monitor,then how can I fix it? :/
Yes I Updated my drivers,tried different resolutions and refresh rates(but this monitor only has 59 and 60,while the old monitor that's smaller has more)
Even on my moms laptop this is not a problem....
So I'm going to put in my old monitor(and maybe even at the same time because accoarding to the nvidia 9600 gt driver settings I can do that)
and see if the problem disappears.
I'm going to upgrade my graphics card soon anyways,but still maybe it's the monitor.
My old PC used to have the same graphics card with the same drive rand it worked fine....only difference was the monitor and windows XP instead of 7
Just can't plug it in yet, the connection thingies aren't the same so I need a converter or something like that(Which my dad needs to find... I'm 14 by the way,my dad used to download a lot of emulators for me when I was like 6 and I played them. that is why I love playing old games.... I didn't speak english tough because i'm dutch.....)

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
In Windows xp, the Hz reporting was rounded, meaning its running at like 59.94Hz then rounding that up. Windows 7 was changed to conform to the EDID standards. If you are having issues getting 60Hz to stick, the display is telling the system that the max refresh rate is 59.94, as such only 59hz is exposed as a supported mode.

You can try to change your power setting from balanced or power saver to performance. If that does not do it you need another monitor.