UP Arrow Key No WORKIE for my N64 Controller

gbjohnson30

Hi, i'm having an issue with my UP arrow key on the digitalpad for my actual N64 controller. I'm using the N-Rage input, and a USB adapter for my N64 controller. The controller does work on my actual system, but again the only key that doesn't work is my UP arrow key. I know it's either me, or the input that isn't doing something right. This normally wouldn't bug me if I were playing a game that has no use for the gamepad, but I kinda need it when I want to play 007, or the WWF games for N64. If I could get a basic setup of a working input configuration, maybe a different input that I should select, or something. I just wanna play using all the functional keys on my controller. thanks.

gbjohnson30
www.hitmeradio.com

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
have you tried another plugin? Does it show up in n-ranges config as being defined? Have you tested the button in the controller panel / game controllers / config?

gbjohnson30

have you tried another plugin? Does it show up in n-ranges config as being defined? Have you tested the button in the controller panel / game controllers / config?

I did try the Jabo input configuration, and that one was even worse. Some of the C buttons didn't work, and what not, and the N Rage input configuration was the closest match. The UP arrow key is assigned though with the UP arrow key on the N64 controller itself, so I have no idea.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
The UP arrow key is assigned though with the UP arrow key on the N64 controller itself, so I have no idea.
Are we talking key as in keyboard, are you using a joy to key app?

Also as I said test the controller in the OS. It could be your adapter. See if the buttons light up when you press up.

gbjohnson30

Are we talking key as in keyboard, are you using a joy to key app?

Also as I said test the controller in the OS. It could be your adapter. See if the buttons light up when you press up.

The controller doesn't light up, as I am just using a standard controller for the N64. The adapter does light up, and is working properly in Windows. and the driver for the adapter is the latest version. I am using the N64 controller connected to the game adapter as my controller input for the N64 emulator. So again, any help would be appreciated.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Ok I think I'm having trouble understating you here. Sorry, I need to you add some form of clarity here.

I am just using a standard controller for the N64
I take this to mean you are using the keyboard.

I am using the N64 controller connected to the game adapter as my controller input for the N64 emulator
I take this to mean you have a n64 to usb adapter.

So what is it?