Emulator Problem: RockNES for Mac is not working

pianist9000

I'd really like to get started and play some vintage NES greatness but the only emulator that I can download is RockNES and when I try to open it, it automatically gives me this message: "You can't open the application RockNES because PowerPC applications are no longer supported."

Obviously not being so tech savvy as I am and of course owning a Mac and not a PC, I have no idea what to do now. I know that the new Mac OS X is not supporting the application so where do I go from there?

Also the NES Ines emulator for Mac is also not working. When I downloaded and opened that one it just opened TextEdit and gave me a crap load of useless code.

I am all out of other options because I'm not sure if other emulator sites are trustworthy so if someone would like to refer me to a NES emulator that does work I would be all chunks 'o 8-bit grateful. Thanks.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Are you double clicking on the rom? What you would usually need to do is use file->open rom.

pianist9000

The RockNES emulator itself is not opening so I can actually "file->open rom." I use a SNES emulator already and know how to open the rom files. What I'm saying is that my laptop is telling me that it can't support a PowerPC application. (which I'm guessing is what the RockNES emulator is) I'm just wondering if there is someway around this so I can actually use the emulator or if someone could refer me to another emulator that does work.

pianist9000

In short, the emulator is not working and being supported by the new MAC OS X. I've download some games but that doesn't matter because my Mac won't let me open the emulator itself to being with.

althonearth

The RockNES emulator itself is not opening so I can actually "file->open rom." I use a SNES emulator already and know how to open the rom files. What I'm saying is that my laptop is telling me that it can't support a PowerPC application. (which I'm guessing is what the RockNES emulator is) I'm just wondering if there is someway around this so I can actually use the emulator or if someone could refer me to another emulator that does work.

Hey man!!
I'm having the same problem my side, did you manage to get this to work?
Also, what SNES emulator did you download?
I've pretty much tried all available that come up in Google searches but it's not happening for me?

I also bought controllers (SNES and NES old school) but they're not being picked up.
Nestopia is the only one to have worked for me so far but it doesn't support controllers which sucks and so I'd rather not play.

I'd appreciate your help please, I'm using a MacBook Air Ver.10.7.4.

Thanks!!

VintageTorrie

Megadeth Fan
Look at the date of the last post.