Emulator Problem: VisualBoyAdvance.. Sooooo slooooow

Well firstly I really don't know much about computer stuff. But I'm bored and trying to play Pokemon Emerald on VBA. Can't get it to go faster than 70-90%, occasionally it jumps to like 120% but thats still not good enough =\

I've read all the other posts about this that I can google. Turning off the sound, putting frame skip to 9 and throttle to 1000% do very little to help me. Also for some reason pressing space isn't working, and I've tried changing random options under video> render method.

Wondering if its cause this stuff is too old to work well with Windows 7? -- I'm on a laptop, which is less than a year old

If anyone can point out where I'm going wrong or how to fix this would be much appreciated :)

Also, if there's a better emulator, that will actually play fast, would someone please inform me of it?

Last edited:

Lukong

First you can be taught about "computer stuff". Second and this is what stuck out FRAMESKIP on NINE, what didn't realize how choppy it was and the throttle, if you were racing how do you expect to turn [Just Joking...SPLAT]. You want stable not fast.

For the Computer Stuff, Get CCleaner Portable Zip [CCleaner Download Page - Click Here] for no installing, the program cleans out unwanted files, but can also tell you, your Computer Specs very simply, in fact its how I got some of my Laptop Specs from.

- If you got 1.0GB on Windows 7 then yes its your Computer Software & Hardware & You. Windows XP requires less RAM than Windows 7 which requires 2.0GB of RAM, but I don't expect you to be downgrading your Laptop or getting more RAM so NO-NO

- Did you try looking up ways to make the Computer itself Faster...PageFile, CCleaner & Index can speed up your Laptop...
1. PageFile - Click Start Orb [Flag] > Right-Click Computer > Properties > Advanced system settings > Advanced > Performance Settings... > Advanced: Check Programs > Change... > Uncheck "Automatically manage paging files size for all drives", Click "C:" Drive, Check Custom size, Type in 4096 for both Initial size(MB) and Maximum size(MB) > Click "Set" > Ok > Ok, but don't restart Laptop until you want to
- Tip, if you already have an External Hard Drive, then add a PageFile to that too
- If you got the Money install more DDR3 RAM [For Laptops] and Find out what type of RAM you could use with "Speccy", also see if you could borrow RAM from other Laptops

2. CCleaner - You could use the portable one, "Anaylze" to see how much stuff you have that you can free up from your computer, look [It will delete from the Recycling too; Right-Click > View detailed results] and then "Run Cleaner".

3. Indexing - Click Start Orb [Flag] > Computer > Right-Click on "C:" Drive > Properties > Uncheck "Allow files on this drive to have contents indexed in addition to file properties"
- Tip, All to all subfolders and it will take a while
- Tip, don't try the Disk Cleanup, its why I got CCleaner, it didn't clean the TEMP folder which was taking up a lot of space

Hilarous Username, I was like that too not wanting to register because it was something else your associated with...I guess if you tried looking for people's email you wouldn't have to...I think mines doesn't show...Just checked you could have click Send Email:)...but I haven't been looking at my email, also certain people were asking me for help and I got suspicious, thinking it was the Admins & Modders trying to see if I would give out the Bios...I then realize not to do, so I don't

Last edited: