mess emulator help

heelsinc

So I went online to find a site to help me configure MESS. I followed all the steps but still cant get it to work. I am working with channel F roms. I have a folder with in my "mess" folder titled "roms". In that folder are the 3 bios that came with my rom pack. Then I have a folder titled "channelf" this has the game roms in it.

I went to the options and directories and told it to search for roms in the correct folder for the bios. Went to channel f on the list and had it search for the game roms. The games all came up on the right so that part is correct.

So I click on a game and the first error I get is "unable to utilize direct3D" I click ok.

Then it says that 2 files are missing. The file names are 2 of the 3 bios needed. They are however all in the "rom" folder. I click ok

"error: required files are missing, the system can not be run"

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
The bios files have been changed and updated from time to time. Its likely the one's you're using aren't up to date versions if they are present and the emulator knows where they are and still gives you an error message.