Pokemon Leaf Green Save

Koolaid Twist

Hey guys, I have Pokemon Leaf Green for the VBA (version 1.8.0.603). I understand the need to change the save type to 128k which is what I did prior to starting a new file. While playing I was able to make native in game saves without a problem. The problem now is that though the game starts up fine it does not show my save data and starts off like a new game would, explaining the buttons and everything, even though I have a .sav file in my VBA folder. When I go under file to manually load it it doesn't even display the .sav file as an option. Please help.

Tpmrpg

I had the same problem with FireRed and after 3 tries I just started using VBA's built in savestates.

chinabig

Try this link version 1.7.3 because I can play well, save well and load well with that. You can get at here. You can even trade with that version.

Or try changing the file type into ".sa1" but before working with the save file, remember to copy that file into somewhere for backup.

Or you can show the emulator where your save file is located. Just go to menu bar "Options/Emulator/Directories...". Choose the directory where your ".sav" file is located by clicking the browse button next to the "Battery:" title. Hope it is the same in your version too. And, also try this if you still can't load after changing the file type into ".sa1".
By the way, you should select "automatic" just above that 128k save type option.

If even that won't do, just go with that state saves. If I remember correctly, the problem you will get by using state save is that you can't continue after you defeated the elite four. It's because you need to load the in-game save file to continue that.
Oh, you can try downloading the rom from other sites(different sites) too.

Edit: I just found that the same thread for the problem using state saves all the time. Check here. It should be the same problem in B/R/Y/G/S/Pe/D/Pl/LG/FR versions.

Last edited: