USB Controller?

Ness

Well i just honestly use my xbox 360 controller, works well and no drivers need to download on windows 7 so it works out of the box. great responsiveness.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Defined you criteria. Whats most important, money quality, features? I make usb adapters see my sig. I can help you make the best decision. Lots of people are ok with using psx or xbox controller but for some of us its all about the original feel. I for one use only the original controllers when playing emulation, hence the spawning of my project.

Last edited:

Opi

Whoah I totally did not think of using a modern console controller. I have a PS3 one. But to be honest I would much rather use the old school controller, I just have too many great memories playing with that controller that I want to relive. Ok, here is my criteria

-Must be original SNES Controller
-Price does matter but not that much when it comes to this. Price range would be 10-40$
-Quality is important
-I don't mind installing drivers and whatnot as long as it isn't a hassle to use and there are no problems afterwards.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I here you! Well Personally I recommend my product for you. Not because I need the orders, because its what you are asking for.

- My product is based on the original controller ( any one out there you could want ). Ranges from a single port ( $35) to a full blown 13 port adapter ($150).
- I may be the highest price out there, but its all hand built.
- I have the highest compatibility on the net, and you can't beet the quality. It may not be a 5 start prefabricated box, but it will eliminates its competition.
- No driver needed at all, works on all windows, mac, linux, and the ps3. Soon the Xbox. Going only with a snes adapter you wont get all the bells and whistles. So If you want a alternative Here is what I recommend for snes starting with the best.

> raphnet snes ( actually uses the same code as mine for snes )
> Super Smart Joy Snes
> Retro Zone snes

Last edited:

Opi

hmm ok. Please try to be patient as I am relatively new to the whole emulator scene lol. I do have a few questions.

1. The product you are suggesting is an adapter right? So I can just plug in an original snes controller and I am set, am I correct?

2. I do plan on getting more ROMs for a few more systems. I plan on playing N64 and possibly PS1. If I choose to, will it also support ports for those systems as well?

3. What are raphnet snes, Super Smart Joy Snes, Retro Zone snes?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Most of us here are patient, so take your time and ask all you like.

1. The product you are suggesting is an adapter right? So I can just plug in an original snes controller and I am set, am I correct? Yes.

2. I do plan on getting more ROMs for a few more systems. I plan on playing N64 and possibly PS1. If I choose to, will it also support ports for those systems as well? yes

3. What are raphnet snes, Super Smart Joy Snes, Retro Zone snes?
Google man use it ;)

raphnet

retro zone

smart joy

The project I have is best to order when you know what you want as it saves you shipping it back to add ports. So if you know you want snes, nes, sega, and n64, then request one with those for ports.