Help with Pokemon Black emulation..

dirtovermud

So I have been emulating Pokemon Black just fine on the no$gba emulator but all of a sudden, it doesn't get past the menu anymore. When I press start it just sits there at the menu with the title in the background and the legendary pokemon on the bottom screen. It doesn't literally "freeze" but it doesn't get past that main menu anymore. I did use the two codes to get it running originally. Is there another code to get past this or is there something else wrong? Would there be someway to get a new rom/emulator and keep my save?

Help would be greatly appreciated guys. :happy:

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Hello. It would be best if you used a different emulator, No$GBA has been out of date for about 3 years now. Right now the emu of choice is DesmuME. :)

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Well, for me its verrry laggy at the intro when you make a new file, but if you wait through it, it should be fine afterwords. You should try messing around with skipped frames, and disabling audio processing to make emulation faster on both emus.

Lukong

If your using a Old version of NO$GBA [Doesn't have Auto NDS Battery Option] or Playing Pokemon White or Black on NO$GBA 2.6a you should use DeSmuMe instead.

My Advice to all. Keep both NO$GBA 2.6a & DeSmuMe 0.9.7 and test which emulator to play the rom on [I keep a DSi Roms folder in DeSmuMe's Nintendo DSi folder and a DS Roms folder in NO$GBA's Nintendo DS folder. This way I go to the Program and pick my games from there so the ones that work best with that emulator is close.]

When Using DeSmuMe, use this fix, it stops Pokemon [All Pokemon Games in General] from blacking out or freezing after battles; Go to Config > Emulation Settings > Checkmark "8MB Debugger mode when starting execution" > Okay

That may sound different in DeSmuMe 0.9.5

DeSmuMe 0.9.7 Download Link
Thank you for giving a detail explanation of your problem.

Last edited: