Emulator Problem: dolphin speed problem

stef

I use dolphin 7671 and play games Super Mario Galaxy 2, New Mario Brothers, Pokemon Battle Revolution and every game is the maximum speed 30fps, whether they can somehow speed up the game?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
HA! Your doing the same thing I am. How funny. I just download 1 and 2 and started to read up on why they are so slow. Its not really you, its the emulation. Give it time, but for now this will help a bit.
http://forums.dolphin-emulator.com/showthread.php?tid=15083

You really need a fast CPU, the i7 will work out for +50 fps if you can afford it. I have a AMD 2 core 3.2 un-over clocked and its not bad. I hit 590 fps but it slows down to 15 on me. Once I get my fans in place I will try to clock it at 3.8 where it is still stable ;)

Hmm, over clocking didnt get me much. I think sse 3 or 4 may help but AMD does not really hang with that.

Last edited:

rakanishu

In emulation core speed is what saves the day, with 3.2 Ghz you will run most of the Wii games at full speed with no filters and maybe with no speed hacks, but 4+ Ghz is what rules here.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I dont think his question has anything to do with the general game, its specific to galaxy. If you have it, run it, you will see what we are talking about.

BTW: I just tried my rig on Windows 7 and got an extra 10 FPS.

Seem after the first world all if fine, and very playable.

Last edited: