NO$GBA interferes with network?

MEGATOOL

I've noticed this issue with NO$GBA. When I play it, it interferes with network traffic on my computer. When it's running, I can't send or receive emails in Outlook and I can't receive VOIP calls that are tied into my messenger client. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, is there a way to stop it from doing that, or would you recommend a different DS emulator to use? Is there one that works as good as NO$GBA without the network issues? It kind of freaks me out the way it interferes with my network, like it's some kind of malware or something.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Is there one that works as good as NO$GBA
not really. I never looked but is there a net play option you can turn off?

Lleep

Hmm, I've never had that problem. The problem might be that it's taking up too much RAM or CPU usage, but that's just a hunch.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Well, you might already have tried this, but I would recommend using DesmuME, its a lot better then No$Gba now.

Lukong

Well, you might already have tried this, but I would recommend using DesmuME, its a lot better then No$Gba now.
How could you...its true NO$GBA is being outed by DeSmuMe, but when your playing on NO$GBA, MEGATOOL, you should press F11 to pause the emulator.

NO$GBA may not have a pause button like DeSmuMe, but by bringing up a Second window from NO$GBA you could pause it. Lleep is right, NO$GBA is taking up the speed, so you should pause it or at least use other settings to stop it from slowing the computer down

Shortcuts
F1 - Brings up Help
F11 - Brings up Emulation Setup or Control Setup
F2 - Brings up Cheats
F12 - Brings up "Insert Cartridge"

Speed up NO$GBA
Emulation
Sound Output Mode - None (fastest)
3D Renderer - nocash
Control
Joystick/Gamepad - Disabled (fast)
Game Screen Filter - None (fast)