Nintendo Wii U -- What do you guys think?

SEVENFOOTSWORD

I'm not sure if I should post this in this section as it says emulation. But I can't seem to find anything that's off topic to emulation but deals with actual consoles.

Move it if it's out of place and sorry.

First, The Wii U is simply awesome. It has a huge new bizarre controller that comes with an embedded screen for play in tandem with the tv or as a stand-alone monitor for the actual game. that just blows my mind. They're really taking it to the next level. Your home console just became an in-home portable home console. Zelda in HD graphics, a lot of new game companies coming over to nintendo like Konami with Metal Gear Solid. I mean it looks like all is well.

It is true the Wii really lacked a lot of things -- Network abilities, No HD output... I really did fill like Wii was an alien compared to all other current consoles. It was bare... It didn't even play dvds -- but it's an interactive entertainment system not a blu-ray player.

Anyways, I think this will make up for the wii that for me was a disappointment turned to a big success. As I had one, bought a few games for it, and was completely pissed with it. It did do one thing however -- attract a large crowd of people.

But let me get back to the wii u.

Some challenges I think Nintendo and the Wii U will face.
Hmmm....
I think Nintendo has a real shortage of actual games. The only ones that are actually worth playing for people that don't get a kick out of those actual dancing games... are their classics. Nintendo needs a lot of new developers. I think the Wii U has a chance to bring a plethora of them in too. If development is serious, I think this could be 1. Something that attracts even more new gamers (which means more games in a nutshell), 2. Bring more hardcore/extreme gamers over to the nintendo world and 3. Bring a whole new gameplay experience.

Well, as I stated before... I'm a bit new to video games. Anyone else see any actual problems with the u, want to express their excitement about the wii u or express opposite feelings about my opinions... Go right ahead.

I guess so this won't be super off topic... Do you think the Wii u will even take that long to emulate.... as the only new features I see are hd, the new controller and... that's about it. I'm not sure if they're completely done with the U though.

I would really want to get my game dev experience up and develop on this one -- Im that psyched about the new gameplay experience.

mavdude73

Can clearly see you enthuse the Wii U. Not had the pleasure of trying it yet, have you tried dolphin? How does it compare..

SEVENFOOTSWORD

I've tried dolphin. It's pretty good. I've only messed around with the gamecube half though. (and minuscule playing)

I haven't tried the wii u either.. I just saw and read about it. I really hope to do some good ole testing it with a lot of games soon though -- Dolphin that is.

Last edited:

narutokuro

I know its been a while since you've posted. Does the wii part work well? Im playing double dash and its holding up pretty well.