help please

J

Jet Set Willy

I think that screen only comes up if there is more than one account on the computer. If you delete all other users (perhaps your friend added one?) then it shouldn't happen any more. Also, instead of cancelling the password, just enter a blank one - it should stop asking for it after that.

onewecallgod

go to user accounts -> click "the way users log on and off" (or something like that) -> and check the "welcome screen" box.

hitmonlee

thanks guys will try all those soon
its a laptop i bought from a friend so i think there is more than one account

hitmonlee

shrug im the only account the other one is guest

hmm

what do you mean by blank waz i checked what it does at password screen, i press ok without any password there and i get in but its annoying

the help menu sucks

its a minor problem really i should learn to deal with it

M.H.A.Q.S.

Start Windows XP in Safe Mode. Log into the Administrator Account. Go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> and then open up Computer Management. In the Tree that appears on the window, click "Users & Groups"-> Users. You will see many user accounts, aside from the following accounts, delete any other accounts you see.

1. Accounts that say something about Microsoft and have an _ in them.
2. Help Assistant
3. Guest
4. Administrator

delete all other accounts.

If you are on Win98, you may just press Enter once at the user login dialog and it will never ask you for a password and apart from the fact there are no other user accounts.