cheat codes

csj2001

I found out my games were running slowly because under "options": "video", my screen was set to "window". As soon as I changed this, it started working properly. God knows why. ANYWAY, I have a question about cheat codes for C64 - all the websites tell you to type in a BASIC code of various types. However, it never really explains what a BASIC code is - maybe I'm really dumb, but can someone tell me what this means?

Jale

Originally posted by csj2001@Dec 5 2004, 10:20 PM
I found out my games were running slowly because under "options": "video", my screen was set to "window". As soon as I changed this, it started working properly. God knows why.
Fullscreen mode uses DirectDraw that's faster than windowed mode.

Basic is a low-level programming languaje.

csj2001

Thanks JAPPsmash, do you know how to use this programming language so that I can get unlimited lives on Bubble Bobble? None of the sites actually tell you how to use Basic.

J

Jet Set Willy

Originally posted by JAPPsmash@Dec 6 2004, 02:34 AM
Basic is a low-level programming languaje.
That's exactly what BASIC isn't.

JAPPsmash, I've told you not to reply about things you're clueless about.

BASIC is a HIGH LEVEL programming language. It's often used for cheat codes (POKES) because it's an easy way of interfacing with the computer to set a memory location to a specified value, which is essentially a way of changing the computer code to do something it wasn't meant to do (for example, blanking out the bit of code which decreases the life count will give you infinite lives).

Without knowing exactly how the system works, it isn't really possible to come up your own codes.

othello

What the hell????

Don't type s*** like that there's no point... You gave me a f***ing headache looking at all that s***...