SEVENFOOTSWORD -- Trying to find my love for video games again.

SEVENFOOTSWORD

I grew up playing titles like ff series on ps(starting with 7). I basically loved a lot of classic games. Considered them my favorites. As I'm starting to get back into the whole gaming community, I've noticed that some of these beloved titles were mediocre in comparison or, more likely the latter, they're up to par with some others out there.

I've started to play Nintendo consoles a lot. I've been playing various classics. I've basically turned into a ... meh, nintendo blows.... to .... whoa, Nintendo is probably the best interactive entertainment company out there.
Some hobbies of mine are programming & computers in general, sports, video games, blogging, writing, creating music.
The emulation community seems pretty cool. I feel like I missed out on a lot. I'm basically here to take back those years living under the anti-videgame rock.

So hello everyone!:D

~SEVENFOOTSWORD

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Huh, interesting? For me, I started at 7 also, and that was in the 80's when Nintendo first came out. I remember going to school and arguing with the sega fans that Nintendo was by far better in the area of game play. Sega ( I admitted ) had the jump on sound and graphics. To me that mean nothing! At the time I was also a basic programmer and made a fair amount of games myself. Funny for programming I always wanted better and better graphics, but for gaming I could care less. I just wanted quality games!!! I stuck with Nintendo all my life and still today feel its the best console for game play.

On a side note, I also felt that game play was falling further and further behind. Today it seem that its all about the effects and graphics. Have you seen the processor in the ps3? OMG! Really, I dont care how big yours is... Can you make a game with all that equipment, or is it all for show? Even more so those stupid FPS's, ok its been done, we get it. You run around in an arena killing things, whoopy! My guess is I'm just too old to appreciate it. Either way, I now have just about every rom available ( 4 tb's ) and still only enjoy Nintendo. I think playstaion has some fun action games, but if you want a good series or story, go Nintendo. Sure there are many exceptions, but nothing holds a candle to N!

Last edited:

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Hello, welcome to Emulator-Zone! Its good to hear that you chose the Emuzone forums, we actually need more active members, hopefully you can be one of them. ;) Ulaoulao and I are both moderators, so if you have any questions or concerns relating to gaming, emulation, forum matters, ect. we would be more then glad to help.

SEVENFOOTSWORD

Today it seem that its all about the effects and graphics.

I totally agree. On g4 e3 for this year, the maker of twisted metal & god of war, David Jaffe, actually said some compelling things about the budgets and how he would like to focus more on new ideas and gameplay and less on graphics. Which graphics are nice but....

Have you seen the processor in the ps3?

I love and admire the cell processor. Here's a few reasons why:
It is a potent processor that can be used for more than gaming (servers, computers)
It's pretty interesting technology with the SPEs and PPE, Synergistic or Synergy Processing Element & Primary Processing Element... Somewhat Trumps the i7s in my opinion (The Cell is somewhat imho a clustering processor)
and furthering the latter reason it just shows how much the industry as a whole is gaming us with technology and how they probably spend more time making less potent products with the parent technology coming out in a few years or more. (i heard somewhere that HT processors had the ability to run two threads but was considered unstable) -rofl

With that being said, I think each console has its own attributes to the interactive gaming computer.

Nintendo for just awesome, legendary games that are truly fun and epic to play. With innovating products always coming out first. Gameboy -- DS -- Wii -- 3ds.

Sony with its super developed products and letting us take the boundaries and completely erasing them.

Xbox/Microsoft... Well Idk. haha Just the medium inbetween those two.

I think they all have their places. And I think they do a great job as well.

we actually need more active members

Yeah, I'm hoping to be one of those guys. I'm extremely interested in this emulator technology. How emulators are coming out for android/mobile devices. I hope I stay for a while :D

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Yeah I wish sega would make a comeback. From doing my Bliss-Box project I learned a lot about the controller protocol. They really did a great job with it. The communication is more advanced then any other protocol for controllers, minus the USB. I also talked to a few emulator authors in the past, and they too feel the same with the console communications.

They really thought this one out. I guess it was just timing? I know a lot of people don't agree, but I still say piracy had a lot to do whit its demise.