Will my build run all N64 games at 100%?

dulpins

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to build a low-cost retro gaming console, and I'm trying to fit it in a custom painted NES shell. To do this, I need to use a mini-itx board. I'd love for the system to be able to run N64 roms at full speed, and I'm hoping to get some advice about whether or not this would be possible with the following setup:

ZOTAC 880GITX-A-E AM3 AMD 880G

AMD Athlon II X2 250 Regor 3.0GHz
4 GB RAM

Would the integrated graphics in the AMD chip do the job, or do I need a dedicated GPU?

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
If I am correct in my assumption, your setup should be plenty enough to run N64 games full speed. I did a little bit of research on the AMD Athlon II X2 250 Regor, and I think its internal graphics is ATI Radeon HD. The graphics are more then enough and the CPU should be able to run most N64 games at 100%, but you might wanna get a second opinion before you rush right into the project.

testmachine

Old member
Man your computer would work with every N64 game
I have a old pc and this is his config
Pentium III @ 850 mhz
NVidia MX440 64 MB
C-Media HD Sound card
512 MB RAM
and i get 55,6 FPS (Frames Per second)
I'm using Project 64 1.6 N64 emulator

rakanishu

Yes it will, and more.

With that you can even run DreamCast games at full speed, even some GameCube/Wii or Play Station 2 games (using speed hacks and no filters), that system is enough to run all classic consoles and arcades at 100% with all kind graphics enhancement and filters.

And yes, the integrated graphic chip will do the job.

mavdude73

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to build a low-cost retro gaming console, and I'm trying to fit it in a custom painted NES shell. To do this, I need to use a mini-itx board. I'd love for the system to be able to run N64 roms at full speed, and I'm hoping to get some advice about whether or not this would be possible with the following setup:

ZOTAC 880GITX-A-E AM3 AMD 880G

AMD Athlon II X2 250 Regor 3.0GHz
4 GB RAM

Would the integrated graphics in the AMD chip do the job, or do I need a dedicated GPU?

Looks all ship shape to me!