dolphin problems

cockett

i've tried to put dolphin on my computer, ive done everything but it doesnt work ive got directx updated the visual c thing and ive got one gb of ram

i boot a game than a message pops up saying dolphin emulator has stopped working im running windows 7
please if anyone knows whats wrong help me :dry:

rakanishu

Man Dolphin runs perfect on my system (windows 7 x64), it seems to be you have some problems in your computer that are crashing some programs, maybe memory problems (or lack of it), 1 Gb of ram is not enough for windows 7, to run games with no problem you will need at least 2 Gbs or more, 4 Gbs is what I recommend for gaming with windows 7.

SEVENFOOTSWORD

maybe memory problems (or lack of it), 1 Gb of ram is not enough for windows 7, to run games with no problem you will need at least 2 Gbs or more, 4 Gbs is what I recommend for gaming with windows 7.

I totally agree.. Although 1gb is enough to run win 7... not enough for vista rofl.
Also I think I just read a post with forum mods saying that you need the same or double of wht you need to run pcsx2 (ps2 emulator) to run wii. If you can run gamecube games with it, then it isn't anything wrong with the emulator just your comp(in theory). You should also check your settings. Playing around with all the settings trying different configurations might work(I'm in linux though example: alot of ems are predefined to run on directx, while SDL or openGL should be the option (in linux)). That was my problem with a lot of ems.

Like I said... mess around with the options, try different isos.... try the given iso(one that come with 'em).

It could very well be a memory problem though. That makes a lot of sense as 1gb is somewhat relic-like. Get 4... or 8 for future proofing.

cockett

my computer was originally widows xp, i upgraded it to windows 7, i have put windows xp back on it didnt work but i need to install some of the drivers for my video card first

cockett

i've managed to sort it, it was using the standard vga graphics adapter for my video card so the proper driver needed to be installed for my video card game works fine now but a bit slow, do you think if i upgrade to more RAM it will speed it up???