Diddy Kong Racing Rom Glitches

VX967

Hey all, I'm new to the forum. In adventure mode of Diddy Kong Racing, the central hub area is really messed up- the sky dome is projected over most of the models, so you can't see anything. Also, the sky will randomly change colors. This video pretty much shows all of the problems- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWEO84GGsNY

Also, I've downloaded the several versions of the ROM from different sites, but I get the same result. Anyone know how to fix it?

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
There is nothing much you can do about that, how about you try different graphics plugins like Direct64, Glide64, or Rice? Some of those might yield better results.

VX967

I just downloaded Glide 64 (Direct64 seemed to be more glitchy), but I don't know where to save the folder so Project 64 will recognize it as a video plugin.

EDIT: Alright, I figured out how to install it correctly, but it doesn't fix the problem at all. Would getting a new graphics card solve the problem? I was planning to get a new one anyway, and I already experience numerous graphical glitches in other programs with the card I have now.

Last edited:

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
A new card would work great, and make sure you have the latest DirectX installed.

Last edited: