Game Problem: Ocarina of Time on sixtyforce: Green/Black Glitchy Screens?

Andrethemidget

Hi there, this is my first post.

I'm trying to play ocarina of time on sixtyforce (mac), and I keep encountering this weird, glitchy green/black screen with distorted white text at certain points in the game. I can't make out any characters or objects in the game, just strange polygons. At first I thought it would only happen when I entered certain houses so I ignored it, but I just finished the first dungeon (the Deku tree) and now it's happening when I try to enter Hyrule Town. Obviously this is an obstacle to completing the game, so I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if so does anyone have any idea how to fix it? I'm just tryna play some Zelda here!

Thanks in advance.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
Is your computer power pc or intel based? And also, whats the graphics card? and most importantly, whats the sixty-force version? sometimes sixtyforce has problems where it can't work with certain types of CPU, have you tried fiddling around with its graphics plugin?

Oh, and I love the name, haha. :)

Last edited:

Andrethemidget

Haha thanks.

It's an Intel based MacBook Pro, OSX 10.6.6, video card is an NVIDIA GeForce 9400M. I'm using the latest version of sixtyforce, 0.9.5b1. I tried messing around with it a little bit, I guess I could try tweaking it some more. I know sixtyforce is set up so you can use third party graphics plugins, but I can't seem to find any online.

smk322

I was having the same problem! I tried downloading an older version of sixtyforce and 9.0 worked for me (not 9.0b1)

VintageTorrie

Megadeth Fan
It's been over a year since the last post. Don't revive old threads!

RetroTom

Graphics card problem maby or do what smk322 just said hope its up and running now (plus the guy above me: dont tell people not post if they want to they can they are only trying to help).