How do you transfer ZSNES save files from one computer to another...

mastevens76

I'm talking about actual save files from the game, not save states. I got ZSNES and the game running on a different computer, but it doesn't recognize that there are any save files. The .src files are in the file where the game files are stored.

mastevens76

I have the .srm files in the same folder as the rom, and they're titled the same way they are on my original computer. But when I run the game (Earthbound in this case) each game slot just says "Start New Game", meaning it's not recognizing my saves as existing. I don't understand why, it seems like it should be working.

jbone1337

The save files should be .srm
.src is a souce code file

You can transfer any .srm to any emulator. Like others have said, it needs to be the same name as the rom file.

Also id suggest getting snes9x v1.53, its far better then zsnes. zsnes is a dead emulator and has not been updated in a very long time.

mastevens76

From what I can tell, when I transferred the emulator and game over and ran the rom, it created new blank save files instead of just keeping my original save files. I'm going to try to start from scratch and bring everything over again. How are .src files generated? It doesn't seem to me like they're initially part of of the rom, it seems they're created when you start running the rom.

MrPete1985

check the configuration file, maybe the save path is set to load saves from somewhere else. you could also try snes9x as jbones1337 said

jbone1337

From what I can tell, when I transferred the emulator and game over and ran the rom, it created new blank save files instead of just keeping my original save files. I'm going to try to start from scratch and bring everything over again. How are .src files generated? It doesn't seem to me like they're initially part of of the rom, it seems they're created when you start running the rom.

ffs did you not read anything? .src is a SOURCE CODE file, its the code that makes up the emulator....

.srm is the save file