Emulator Problem: Graphics issue with my Dolphin Emu...

Josiah-IX

My problem is when i go to load up my iso (Zelda Twilight Princess). I get this message:

Can't create opengl renderer. You might be missing some required
opengl extensions, check the logs for more info.

will someone plz help me out with this problem...

My PC spec,s are:

Compaq Presario CQ56 Notebook PC

Operating System:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit (6.1, Build 7600)

Processor:
Intel Celeron CPU 900 @ 2.20Ghz, ~2.2Ghz

PC, RAM Memory:
2gigabites

Graphics:
Moblile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Graphics RAM Memory, 800megabites

jbone1337

Ok you will probably want a newer version of dolphin. dolphin-emulator(dot)com (i cant seem to post links yet, every time i make links in a post it has to await moderation :3)
anyway go there and get the most recent version of dolphin. (also check out their forums, they tell you the best way to set up each game).

Now you will also need to set up your graphics plugin. First click on the "config" button or go to options > config. Go to the display tab, and select Direct3D9 render engine. also while you are here you may want to set up a few other settings. like check "Render to main window" as it makes less windows pop up. And under resolution i would leave it at 640x480 (480P). your graphics are quite weak.

But, tbh, you will not be able to play gamecube games... your laptop is far too weak. you have the celeron processor which is the lowest intel processor type, and you ahve some really weak integrated intel graphics. i have an amd turian dual core @ 2.4ghz, 4gb of ram, and a 512mb ati 5470. i can bearly play gc games lol. like for zelda twilight princess, i get like 75-90% speed most of the time. so if you were to play you would probably be at like 50% area, which would be completely unplayable.

For your specs, you "may" be able to play n64/psx.

Josiah-IX

the direct9 plugin will not show up the only ones that show up in the configure option are the opengl and software plugin.

Yes my computer plays n64, psx snes and computer games fine.

Can someone please give me alittle help please.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
the direct9 plugin will not show up the only ones that show up in the configure option are the opengl and software plugin.

Yes my computer plays n64, psx snes and computer games fine.

Can someone please give me alittle help please.

Your question has already been answered by jbone1337.

But, tbh, you will not be able to play gamecube games... your laptop is far too weak. you have the celeron processor which is the lowest intel processor type, and you ahve some really weak integrated intel graphics.

Your system is nowhere near the required specification for Dolphin. There is no tweak or setting you can use that will make it possible. TBH I'm surprised Windows 7 runs on it without lag, let alone anything else. Your processor is 10 year old technology and was a bottom end, entry level processor when it was new in 2001, and your integrated graphics won't handle any of the DX effects required by modern emulators, plugins or games.

Save yourself some time and frustration and forget about it until you have an upgraded or newer system.

Last edited:

Josiah-IX

Your question has already been answered by jbone1337.

Your system is nowhere near the required specification for Dolphin. There is no tweak or setting you can use that will make it possible. TBH I'm surprised Windows 7 runs on it without lag, let alone anything else. Your processor is 10 year old technology and was a bottom end, entry level processor when it was new in 2001, and your integrated graphics won't handle any of the DX effects required by modern emulators, plugins or games.

Save yourself some time and frustration and forget about it until you have an upgraded or newer system.

Okay so i took you advise i took the compaq back and spent and extra 156 dollars and got a laptop that can handle them.

PC spec.
Processor:
AMD Athlon II X2 P340 (DualCore)

Graphics Card:
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
Card Memory 2 Gigabits

System RAM Memory:
4 GB DDR3 Memory

It plays My Dolphin EMu fine. An My PS2 Emu fine.

Last edited: